shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond earring jackets?!

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of getting a pair of diamond earring jackets for my diamond studs (1 ct total weight). Whiteflash seems to have diamond earring jackets for 675 USD (http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/diamond-earring-jackets-ready-set-to-go-224.htm) and Brian Gavin has jackets for 825 USD (http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5412).
Which one of the two above would you think would be the best? Also does anyone if there is any vendor in Europe selling earring jackets?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both pairs will be pretty...either would be an excellent choice. Personally, I would go with the WF pair because they're less expensive. I also purchased from WF in the past and I've seen their jewelry in person. Enjoy your jackets.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh...the frugal side of me says go with the WF...but I cant help liking the way the BGDs look better. There seems to
be less metal showing and I prefer that look better. I'm sure they are both beautiful. Why not order both and keep
the ones you like :bigsmile: !

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a freind buy jackets this year and as a result I've seen both side by side and much prefer the BGD in house with the hearts back. The stones are larger and the metal shows less. BGD can also get in the ones WF has... as they aren't made in house by WF but purchased from a vendor.

avalpert

Rough_Rock
Not to hijack the thread but can I ask if you saw both the heart jackets from Brian Gavin and the plain jackets to compare? The non-heart jackets look to have bigger stones and I'm not sure what the heart jackets adds to the look (I'm thinking of getting one of the two for new studs I am getting my wife).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The heart backs are just like secret or surprise stones in the setting. They aren't there for public consumption (as they don't show when you are wearing them) but just a design detail for the owner to admire. I am a person that very much appreciates details that are really for me only. Both my engagement ring and my 2.4 carat half eternity have 'secret' design aspects that are really only for my enjoyment.

You might be able to ask BGD to send you a pic of the two types of jackets side by side. They don't carry them in stock, but if they are processing an order for jackets any time soon, they may be able to snap a comparison shot for you. With Valeintine's Day around the corner it might not be an unreasonable request.

Then again, they make everything to order, so they may not be able to get you pics to compare at all. It just depends on their current orders.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your replies. I guess that both the ones from WF and Brian Gavin would be good. Unfortunately there is no option for me to buy both jackets and then return the one that I don't like as VAT/customs is very high where I live.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results