shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Earings? with no time or money....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frank_in_BFE

Rough_Rock
Hello All. I am a newby to this page but I carry a little bit of knowledge. I am looking to buy a pair of diamond earings for my Fiance for X-Mas to be worn at our wedding. She is petite and small in general so I bought her a 0.34 - IF - E Polarbear diamond solitar from Carl Greve''s in Portland, which we both can''t be happier with. I had not set out to buy an IF but when presented with it, I jumped at the chance. (Smaller than I was originally looking for but IF and E so...)

Anyway, she would like for earings about the same size for the wedding. Only problem is that the $30K wedding is draining my funds quick and we are both in graduate school (i.e. not working). Oh, and I am in the middle of nowhere (Idaho). I have beeen looking on-line at premaid sets (yes, yes, I know that you all recomend building your own set, but I do not have the time). I have been looking for GHI color, the VS to SI , and the 0.50CTW to 0.75CTW range (I have about $750.00 dollars to play with). Will these look alright with the Polarbear Diamond, given that they are on the ears not the hand. I have found some pretty good sets at various on-line dealers but am not sure of the reputation of the the on-line dealers. "KingofJewlery.net" seems to have the best deals by far and I am just wondering the reputation of them. Also, WonderJewlers.com and DiamondStud.com have decent deals...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Frank P
1.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm...I don't think that you can get what you are looking for, for around 750. Wink Jones is in Idaho. If you really, really want these earrings in time for the wedding, maybe he can make up a pair of .25-.30 cz studs for you? Then you can replace them with real ones later on? He has some very nice and well cut durable CZs. No one would really question authenticity. If you are interested, he posts as Wink on this forum.
2.gif

Luv

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
With your play money, you could get a nice pair of . 60ctw for her ears. Big enough to say BLING~!
21.gif

frank_in_BFE

Rough_Rock
So I gues I wasn''t clear on what I truely needed help with....

I am wondering if the clarity VS to SI with a GHI color in earings will look fine with the IF E solitare ring?

I am also wondering the reputation of King of Jewlers, WonderJewers.com, and DiamondStud.com?

I will not put CZ''s on my girl, I will buy crappy diamonds with good color before I buy CZ''s....but thanks for the advice/suggestion.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is some distance from G to I (much more than from D to F - a few times moer in fact). But these are 30 pointers, so... I seriously doubt the clor grades will have serious visual impact if any at all. If you went with E/IF once, you may want to stay "H" - but that is super conservative, IMO.

SI is safe given size, again, IMO.

One more thing though: the "polar bear" brand are ideal cut rounds right ? I would look to match the cut if this is the case indeed.

Anyway. Here's a H/SI1 cheap couple: one and two . Fforget the "stock photos" (darn) - you should be able to get an Ideal Scope picture of the pair ('nough for earrings, in the way of cut quality, IMO) and have a pair of wearable studs at hand asap.

F/SI1 are also feasible in about the same size and $300-ish each. There are a few listings (I looked for 0.25-0.3cts, F/SI, Premium cut) near those above.

frank_in_BFE

Rough_Rock
My PB is
Round Brilliant
0.34 IF E
Depth = 59.4%
Table = 61%
Gridle = Thin, Faceted
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Very Good
Flourescence = NONE

valeria101 - What did you mean by IMO? Sorry, all my knowledge in this area comes from a little bit of on-line research and a lot of in store research in PDX, and my perfect vision (I can see inclusions in VS grade and was not impressed while looking for the solitare with anything short of the IF PolarBear)

By matching the cut, you mean Round Brilliant, right? or the dimensions of Depth and Table? I had already planned on matching the Round Brilliant cuts - not too big on squares and circles!

Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH... "IMO" = shorthand of "in my opinion".

Matching cut... would have been about proportions mostly: depth & table, size (diameter). If the e-ring was an ideal cut (Harts and Arrows or what not) than similar quality seemed at least worth considering for the sake of matching. Not the case, it seems from your description. Otherwise there would have been more numbers there (crown and pavilion angles) and perhaps H&A pictures.

frank_in_BFE

Rough_Rock
That was the info from the GIA report, here is info from Polar Bear report:

Table: 61%
Crown Hieght: 13.2% Angle: 33.4
Gridle: Thin
Pavilion Depth: 43.6% Angle: 41.2
Total Depth: 59.4%
Measurements: 4.55mm - 4.58mm x 2.71mm

Nothing fancy to the cut just the Sirus Canadian Fine Round Brilliant cut.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2004 2:18:20 AM
Author: frank_in_BFE

Nothing fancy to the cut just the Sirus Canadian Fine Round Brilliant cut.
He, he... that IS pretty good though !
1.gif

frank_in_BFE

Rough_Rock
I just meant none of the fancy crap, like "hearts on fire".... The cut, the entire diamond is amazing...hard to beat an IF E?

Any ideas on the price of setting two diamonds in 18K White Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results