shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond decision help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neohio

Rough_Rock
looking at the following:

round (new) 1.24 G, VS2, 58.6 depth, 58 table, excellent polish and excellent sym.

round (used) 1.5 H SI1 64.8% depth, 59 % table. ex polish and good sym.

Neither has flouresence or cutlet. GIA cert. for both. $8400 for either

Which would offer the best stone paired with diamond band and also the best for possibly putting 2 stones with it later.

Thanks in advance.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What shape?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen them both? perhaps compared them side by side?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I don''t like the depth on either stone. That''s just me. Without more info., pavillion and crown angles spring to mind, we really cannot get a fair idea of what it is you are seeing. I would never buy a 64 almost 65 depth stone. Carat is weight. Millimeters is size. Millimeter is what you will see when you look at the top of the stone. It will be much smaller looking than it should be. The shallow one is possibly too shallow, and MIGHT look glassy and lifeless. I said might, because it could be a lovely stone depending on the other info that is missing. I would not buy the deep one, or any other one like it, at all. JMHO

Shay

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
oh, i just saw the NEW and OLD in the ()... not sure about you, but i would much prefer to buy a new stone, especially if this is for an engagment ring (?).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results