shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond color: setting vs. center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I''m in the market for an approximately 2 carat cushion cut diamond, which I''m hoping to put in a pave bezel setting (i.e., diamonds all the way around the face of the stone).

I think I''d be fine with getting a center stone in an H color (as long as the stone faces up rather white), but my concern is that many of the settings I like (for example, those by Michael B and Daniel K) may well contain stones that rank higher up on the color scale (say F or G). Since the pave will be right up against the stone, I''m worried that I might see an unpleasant color contrast between the setting stones and the center stone. Do you think I''ll need to go for a more colorless center stone for this reason?

Advice is appreciated.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
One of my own personal rings I have an H color RB diamond set into a pave setting. My center is a I color and the pave's are F-G. Looking directly at it, you cannot tell the color difference at all.

I will try to take a picture of my ring as soon as the battery has a good charge.
21.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
That would be wonderful, thank you!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will be just fine! But if you have a question, lay your center stone into a pave ring and see what you think. The cut of the small stones is MUCH more important than their color.

Wink

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Jeeezzz, I really should have cleaned this puppy before showing it off
rolleyes.gif
. Never put on hand lotion with your rings on....

MVC-018S.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous. I want something almost exactly like it (albeit with a cushion). Who designed it?

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
A knock off of Carl Blackburns collection from last winter. His rings are dreamy~!
love.gif

I tried to load the cushion cut version, but the file is to large.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results