Diamond Band Poll

Which band best matches my ring?

• 1/3 eternity of alternating 2 sapphires & 2 RB melees

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7 stone of all RB melee

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please share your ideas and suggestions as to which band is best for my ring (and can be worn alone). My ring is a small squarish shaped Jubilee flanked by a smaller blue sapphire trillion on each end. I will post the pictures after I''ve set up the polls.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't seem to paste these pictures but here is the url for the first item. I will custom design it so that the stones will not go around the entire ring but just 1/3 of it. It is item 8018, the third last from the bottom.
Item 8018

Here's the second selection: It is the second last piece
Item 8091

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the third selection.

shared band.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the 7 stone RB. That'll go with anything, anytime.
I think having sapphires in your band will compete too much with the ering.
I like the band to compliment not compete.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the 7-stone RB melee band.

The other two bands are lovely, but I sense that the sapphires in them would compete with the trillion sapphires. Also, you'd further have to worry about color-matching them.

It seems to me that putting sapphires in the band would take away the "showcasing the e-ring" element. The 7-stone RB seems as though it would accent your ring nicely and really make the trillion sapphires pop.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the seven stone diamond as well. I think it would match best, but then again what do I know? What size stones?

You could always get five matched Jubilees in 20 to 25 points each. I know they are available, I thought about it for awhile.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
I like the 7 stone RB as well. I think it's the best suited out of the possible options you listed. I do agree that the sapphires might take away from the e-ring.

Personally though, out of any choice I can imagine...I think Noobie's on the right track. I like the idea of a small band of Jubilee's (that sounds so funny..)as the best match, at least it looks good in my head!

I do agree the RB go with everything...but a jubilee matching band sounds quite nice.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Got a picture of your e-ring. Is it in the e-ring folder? If so what page? Based on the description I would have to agree with the others on the all white stone ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking these would be 5 pointers on a very thin band. 2.5mm thereabouts. I think having Jubiless even if they do come in such sizes will be overkill because no one can see the shape when they are that small, not to mention Jubilees are still hard to come by. Imagine getting all 7 to match up! That'll take me years.
14.gif

There's no picture of my ring as yet. I'm expecting to receive it this Thursday. I'll post a few pictures of what it sort of looks like.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Yikes, didn't realize the difficulty of finding the jubliee's. I'm sure the 7 RB would look great. I'd like to see it with the e-ring.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted for the 7 RB melee. It's simple, classic, and elegant all on it's own while complimenting your e-ring without overpowering it. I agree with all the above comments on how sapphires in your w-band would probable take away from the impact of the sapphires in your e-ring, which sounds gorgeous! post some pics please!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture 1 of the unset stones. Photography credited to Wink.

jubilee-with-sapphire-color.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another picture of the unset stones. Again, Wink took the pictures for me.

jubilee-with-sapphires.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/16/2004 1:37:31 PM chrono wrote:

I was thinking these would be 5 pointers on a very thin band. 2.5mm thereabouts. I think having Jubiless even if they do come in such sizes will be overkill because no one can see the shape when they are that small, not to mention Jubilees are still hard to come by. Imagine getting all 7 to match up! That'll take me years.
14.gif

----------------

Gee, I've got to learn to put punctuation or smilies when I'm kidding. I think the 5 pointers would be perfect. The smallest Jubilees come in is about 25 points and that would probably be to much for that beautiful ring. Now a standalone five stone 25 point Jubilee ring (1.25 ctw), that would be nice
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's gonna be awesome.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now don't get all excited over this LM piece. My ring is heavily inspired by this setting and will look very similar. I can't afford Mr. Mege's gorgeous custom work but it is generic enough that it is not a problem to steal elements of it that I love.

r015-01W.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, I can't wait to see it!
appl.gif

That 'J' looks soooo white as well. You must be very excited.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all up for a 5 stone 25 point Jubilee (1.25tcw) ring. Any donations, cast aways or give aways?
naughty.gif

Just a few more days. It all seems like years away. I'm not sure if I can think straight much less sleep in the next couple of days.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the final thing gets anywhere near the look of the schetches below... I would rather vote for the diamond&sapphire shared prong band
1.gif

bluereJB.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Valeria, I love the pictures/drawings/diagrams that you provide!

Based on these photos, I like the second one the best with the alternating round diamonds/sapphires.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to suggest something completely different: go all sapphire. Get Wink to make you a ring with small sapphires that match the sapphire sidestones in your ering. Like the second ring in Ana's pictures, only all sapphires instead of alternating sapphires and diamonds. I think that would make your gorgeous diamond really stand out.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow Valerie, as usual I'm impressed. The RB is going to have seven stones.
And I'm sticking with that choice. Can't wait to see it.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/16/2004 10:28:37 PM sevens one wrote:

Wow Valerie, as usual I'm impressed. The RB is going to have seven stones.
And I'm sticking with that choice. Can't wait to see it.
----------------
Me too, on both counts, impressed and sticking to the seven stone diamond

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, AnA! As usual, you've blown me away with your graphics. It's so hard to imagine what things would look like and you've shown that imagination and the real thing can look so different. Thank you for taking the time to put those pictures together. I do like the look of the sapphire + diamond band. Perhaps if your RB band picture had 7 smaller diamonds instead of the 5 huge honkers, it'll look better. Boy oh boy, what a tough decision. This is my diamond goal for 2005.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you guys !
12.gif

and since the all-diamond and alternating sapphire got mentioned for the final draw, here they are. Actually, those would be eternity (half or all around) about 2-2.5mm wide.

Hope this helps
1.gif
they surely look cute in picture.

Follow Up.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the finished ring. I know it will be awsome.
love.gif
I agree with the diamond melee band. I think the sapphires compete with the side stones of the e-ring.

DiamondLil

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the awesome graphics, AnA!
appl.gif

Yeah, I see that the sapphires in the eternity ring do compete with the side trillions. So RB it is. Ny next question is this: I know cut is the motto here but how much does it matter in this tiny sizes? I have a etoile eternity diamond band which I don't wear anymore because it cannot be resized (too large) and is a pain to keep clean. There are 10 0.02ct diamonds each all around of G/H VS? quality. Don't know squat about the cut but I'll bet it's mediocre. I was thinking of reusing these diamonds for the new diamond band.

On the other hand, with the Jubilee being so sparkly and all, it might be nicer if the diamond band had top notch quality diamonds too, right? What do you think?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
AS always, great Visuals Valerie. Thanks
I'm sticking with the diamond band. It's timeless.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pics Valeria...definitely the diamond band chrono!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I still vote the diamond band, too. It's just enough to accent without overpowering. Classic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results