shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamcalc: Can someone plug this in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

insite

Rough_Rock
trying to get an idea of how this will perform w/ simulated idealscope in diamcalc. photoreal image would be nice, too. here''s the stats from the GIA report:

style: round
carat: 1.01
dimensions: 6.43x6.47x3.94
color: g
clarity: si1
polish, cut & symmetry are all excellent
crown angle: 35
pavillion angle: 40.8
total depth: 61.1
table: 60
crown height: 14
pavillion depth: 43
star length: 55
lower half: 80
girdle: 4.1%, faceted
flour: faint blue

thanks in advance;

kevin

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
gia numbers are to rounded to use for DC.
Its not a stone id consider.

insite

Rough_Rock
not sure what you mean about the rounded numbers. can you explain? maybe i wasn''t clear in my representation of the measurements. the crown angle is actually 35.0 w/ table of 60.0, crown height of 14.0, pavillion depth of 43.0, star length of 55.0, lower half of 80.0%. why wouldn''t you consider it? slightly large table?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
gia rounds the numbers on the report. crown to nearest 5 pavilion to nearest 2 lgf to nearest 5

Its a 60/60 and not the best 60/60 combo but not the worst either.
Id go for a more modern ideal cut.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a few more minutes, with a 60% table and a 40.8 pavilion its AGS1 potential candidate taking the GIA numbers as spot on (they aren't)
Brightness is ok, fire is down.
34 degree crown would be better.

insite

Rough_Rock
thanks for your reply. i actually already bought this stone (before i found this site). from what i''m reading, it''s a great cut, but could be a little better. from a group of 5 stones, all GIA XXX, color F/G, SI1, it was definitely the prettiest. after i started reading here, i got worried that i may have made a mistake. i think i''m okay.

other opinions are of course appreciated. now i just have to wait FOUR WEEKS for the stone to be set (cast head setting).

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thats kewl if your eyes liked it better your good to go.
Its not a train wreck and as you said is just a slight step down from ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results