shape
carat
color
clarity

Design replicas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
How do online vendors (and others) get away with selling exact replicas of erings from places such as Cartier, Tiffany etc. Aren''t there laws against that?

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I would imagine they are not pursued because of the money and time it takes to shut down all the copycats. I still think most people would prefer to have the the original, for namesake as well as quality. It must be frustrating to be a designer and see knock-offs of your product.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
depends on the design, some designs are well past the copyright and design patent age limit.
Others are so obvious that trying a case over them is a losing proposition.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
They are usually not exact replicas anyway. Usually some point of difference. I have sent pics to WF of a Cartier design and they have told me what they needed to change to avoid copyright infringement.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2008 12:49:18 AM
Author:Diamond Confused
How do online vendors (and others) get away with selling exact replicas of erings from places such as Cartier, Tiffany etc. Aren''t there laws against that?
Sometimes..., "places" are in favor of copying...
31.gif

If you are getting copied = means you are good!
27.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I showed my rep at Whiteflash a design that I like. They said they would have to change quite a bit of it to avoid copyright problems. It wasn''t going to look much like the setting I liked so I didn''t bother. In this case it would be easier to pay the extra and use the company who designed the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results