shape
carat
color
clarity

Deposit placed, now help reassure me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wizzy

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker, first time poster.

After learning more than I ever wanted to know about diamonds, and after lots of searching, I finally placed a deposit and have a stone on the way to the appraiser.

Here''s the stone from GOG:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_11ct_g_if_h&a.htm

I hadn''t planned on going with "IF", but kind of fell in love with this particular stone, and didn''t find anything better than vs1 that jumped out at me.

I''m planning on getting it set in a tiffany replica from SuperbCert, if the appraisal goes as expected.

So....please let me know what you think! Please shoot holes in my plan if there''s anything I''ve missed.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
After viewing the stone, I wouldn't even load the gun.
love.gif
That thing is a stunner. Grab it and run.

Shay

Meeowwmi5

Rough_Rock
You can't go wrong with GOG. I visited the store this morning and Jonathan really takes pride in the diamonds that he sells. Check out that lightscope and brilliance scope readings, you have a fireball in your possession.
My only question is why didn't you buy the setting from GOG, it'll save you the mounting charge.
10.gif

Charles

limey

Shiny_Rock
Just to play devil's advocate.... G/IF does not sound like an ideal combination, you can trade the IF clarity for better color, size or dollars back in your pocket. I got a loose VS from GOG and have still not found the inclusion! I admit the B'Scope is very good but several others on the GOG site are close. There are a few around 1.06-7 ct that would only be a hair smaller, yet are ALOT cheaper or going the other way there are several F and E diamonds slightly bigger for the same ballpark price.

Good luck

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jonathan realy sells his diamonds as gem are supposed to be: from a LIMITED inventory that is!
1.gif
So you may not find the exact combination of Cs that you fancy each time, but you defintely get what yu pay for each time with this shop: a top stone and a big folder to go with it !

I am not convinced that going from IF to VS2 among GOG stones would definitely give you a blatantly bigger stone - maybe 7mm diameter rather than 6.7mm or a slightly "colder" white. But I am going to mention a couple anyway, since you will likely have the opportunity to chat with Jonathan about such details and choice is fun ...

That G-IF tops the Bscope and gets Isee2 9.8 (highest) not much more is possible at least for what one can measure in diamonds. Artistry is not measurable - granted - but light return, fire and brilliance as modeled through phisics definitely is, and this stones has 'em all.

However (keeping GOG and the budget as given), I can but wander why G-IF an dnot E-VS2 (LINK) ? Or this G-VS2 ? And there is one more G-VS2 given by the GOG search engine (1.238cts exactly, $8400).
rolleyes.gif

Visually, The E-VS and 1.24 cts would each have a slight advantage (one in color the other in size). It is possible that the details of cut of these stones would also grant them slightly different "personalities", but with all ranking so high, I would not dare predict which is what - this is something GOG could advice about if you get in touch with them. Same for the setting availablilit, of course.

wizzy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback..my head hurts now!
errrr.gif

When I asked talked to Jonathan about the 1.11, I did ask for some recommended alternatives. He brought up the 1.19 E VS2. I looked at it online, and it didn't appeal to me as much. I think I've gone as far as I can with the numbers, and my search has entered the subjective phase.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/12/2004 8:31:35 AM wizzy wrote:

He brought up the 1.19 E VS2.

----------------

Not surprised, all I-scope and B-scope results for these are not even different enough to tell these two apart.

I hope someone did mention that the respective B-scope is not suposed to be read down to the last half a milimeter of the scale. Actually the marked intervals on the scales are definitely relevant (VH versus H, for example) but otherwise, the thick blue indicator should make it clear that the respective legth is the least relevant and smaller differences are not supposed to indicate visible differences between stones. There was enough B-Scope hair splitting, so I though I'd mention.

Of course the "IF" is a psichological pull - this is exactly why it's there on paper
5.gif

Anyway, both are awesome. Best of luck
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results