shape
carat
color
clarity

Decisions, Decisions...need some input on these 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roro

Rough_Rock
Choosing between these 2. Im not that experienced, so any help would be great. Im leaning towards the E, SI1 purely because I like the color and the table and depth dimensions would make it seem like a bigger diamond. Thoughts and particularly on the inclusions in the SI1?? Both score the same(1.5) in the HCA.
(1)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-821276.htm#

Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.02
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 62
Table: 54
Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

(2)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-794686.htm#

Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.010
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.9
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: MEDIUM-SLIGHTY THICK-FACETED
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 a lot. You would have to call them and ask them about the inclusions, whether it''s eye clean. People do that all the time and they seem to get very honest answers. I don''t like the depth on #1. I think #2 is very promising OMHO. Good luck!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think #2 edges out #1
2.gif
i would call wf and have them take a look to compare them for you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
By the numbers, it''s kind of a coin toss. #1 has a slight edge on the crown/pav combos, but has a slight deficit on the less attractive depth.

Since these stones are so close in data, and they are at the same vendor, I''d call and ask Brian (or whoever''s available today) to pull both stones while you''re on the phone and tell you which is the better pick. They can SEE the stones, and they''ll shoot straight with you.

When I did this, Brian picked the least expensive of the 3 stones I was looking at. He said my SI2 stone looked cleaner than the more expensive SI1 stone, and represented better value than the G that I was considering....which was a full .25 less in weight. They will tell you the truth.

roro

Rough_Rock
Thanks so far everyone! They told me it is eye clean. When I look at the magnified picture of the SI1, I can see the wispy inclusion when comparing it to the AGS report, but doesnt look bad.

roro

Rough_Rock
Any other comments? Wow didnt think this would be so tough! Lol

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Keep in mind that the pictures are at 10x & 40x magnification. If you can barely seen the wisp in the picture, you''re not going to see it with just the eyes. BTW, I like #2 better. Good luck!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
The E/Si1 is marked SOLD, so I hope that is you! I think the E/SI1 combo is pretty near perfect (E being a little extra plus that you may or may not be able to see). It looks like a great stone, depending on what they report about the inclusions...

roro

Rough_Rock
Yes I went ahead I purchased it. I was fortunate enough to be able to be in Houston and go into Whiteflash and look at some of the diamonds. However I only noticed this one after the fact and was no longer in Houston. I was personally able to tell the difference in the colors where the D, E and F''s definately stood out whiter for me and I did not know their grades whilst looking at them. So with that said, I went for the E and the inclusions are very small on this stone. Thanks for the comments.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
congrats on your purchase!!
(you will be posting pics....right?
20.gif
)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Being theowner of an "E" stone, Ithink you will love it
emlove.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice congratulations!!!! I too have an E, and think you will really be happy with it.
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 12:30:30 AM
Author: roro
Well, here is the ring in a W-Prong.... Looks awesome.
Sure does !
1.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That was fast! From the looks of things you made a great decision.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!
30.gif
i love it!! good choice all around
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, congratulations!!! You made an excellent choice and it looks stunning!!! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results