shape
carat
color
clarity

DeBeers store?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
So i''m walking back from my usual Central Park lunchytime stroll, passing Fifth Ave at 55th St & i see "Coming 2005 - DEBEERS"...
it didn''t specifically say anything about diamonds but it''s within five blocks of Tiffanys, Harry Winston, Cartier & Piaget, to name a few - stands to reason it may be an actual NYC DeBeers store?
confused.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
they settled their anti-trust litigation involving industrial diamonds with the USA

Debeers had to shell out 10 million in fines on the settlement. The funny part is the US spent 30 million in legal fees to get the 10 million! From what I read.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
thanks
1.gif

i wonder who their target market will be with all the other high end stores around, plus the diamond district's w/in 10 blocks...? seems like we're covered? can't imagine who'd actually choose to shop at debeers?? ...i sense another marketing campaign coming on
rolleyes.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There will be the engagement ring, the right hand ring, and NOW,the new ad campaign for......

THE MIDDLE FINGER RING.

"Tell him to go f himself, forever" ...or

"The "bird" is forever"...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/15/2004 4:50:35 PM moremoremore wrote:

There will be the engagement ring, the right hand ring, and NOW,the new ad campaign for......

THE MIDDLE FINGER RING.

'Tell him to go f himself, forever' ...or

'The 'bird' is forever'...

----------------

LOL-
"Free Bird"

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
There's a De Beers store on Bond Street in London. It's all dark wood and nice lighting. Seems to be a lot of diamonds on leather cuffs (a la Mrs Bowie) which I can't imagine many people buying.
9.gif

Went in for a look last time I was over and there are some nice 'everyday wear' things in there (studs, solitaire necklaces etc), but nothing that really jumped out and said buy me.

Had fun grilling the sales staff on cut - usual story, knew what colour and clarity but crown and pavilion angles were way beyond them!!
11.gif

Was a while ago but I thought De Beers were launching something similar to the Lucida / Regent / Jubilee. Have heard nothing since. Anyone else remember if they did?

robbe

Shiny_Rock
...their new ad.../www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2004 4:50:35 PM
Author: moremoremore

THE MIDDLE FINGER RING.

''Tell him to go f himself, forever'' ...or

''The ''bird'' is forever''...

LOL mmm!

I''m waiting for the new ad campaign to introduce their new line of toe rings.

40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results