shape
carat
color
clarity

DeBeers -- Adonis Rose

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I was window shopping today, and DeBeers had this new ring (named "Adonis Rose") in their window. I'm not usually impressed with their designs, but this one absolutely floored me. It's dainty and delicate and so pretty! Unfortunately, I can't find it online anywhere. I'm hoping that a fellow PS'r will be able to track down an image for me.

To describe it -- The round diamond is set in a simple 4-prong basket; however, the band (which is about 1.5 to 1.7 mm in width) is wavy with tiny micropave. On each side of the "wave" in each dip is a single, bezel set marquise diamond (about .10 to -.15 ct), and these MQ diamonds act as petals to the rose. There are two of these petals on each side of the diamond. Sigh. So pretty!

The wedding band is beautiful, too, and it can even be worn by itself. It's a thin (1.5 -1.7 mm) wavy micropave band, and again, in each dip of the wave is a bezel set marquise diamond. There were probably 8 or 9 MQ stones around the ring.

When the set was placed together (on my finger) it didn't fit flush (how could it?), but it was perfect.

Unfortunately, DeBeers is very proud of their stuff. The 1.03 ct H/SI2 (center stone) 1.31 ctw e-ring was $12,300, and the matching band was $4,500.

Has anyone else seen this set?

~LC

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this it? I like the concept but don't like the execution of the design. Looks a bit clunky to me.

980x599-Debeers-Leafy_2_main.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All those marquise looks like eyes to me.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is without the band. Didn't mean to disparage your tastes LC; hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

Leafy_Main_1.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Matata|1293583573|2808364 said:
Is this it? I like the concept but don't like the execution of the design. Looks a bit clunky to me.

YES! That's it! Although, in this picture, it doesn't have the same effect as in the store. Here, it looks much more clunky than in person. Maybe because it's enlarged so much?

Thanks, Matata! I knew I could count on someone to find it for me!

~LC

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Matata|1293583911|2808376 said:
Here it is without the band. Didn't mean to disparage your tastes LC; hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

No hurt feelings. We all have different tastes. In fact, if I only saw this picture, I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought, but in person.... Ahhh...

I'm normally a simple solitaire or bezel kind of person, which is why it surprised my hubby that I was so taken aback by this one.

~LC

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a lovely concept. I would be interested to see it in person.

I have to say, I personally would stick a bezel around that stone while keeping the sides the same. Larger point size on the pave of the bypass.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1293584282|2808385 said:
It's a lovely concept. I would be interested to see it in person.

I have to say, I personally would stick a bezel around that stone while keeping the sides the same. Larger point size on the pave of the bypass.

You know, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Bezel the center. I wonder how it would look with no pave? Just a thin wire? Then, the "petals" and the "rose" would pop more. Hmmm...

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Do you think this setting would have the same effect with an emerald cut in the center? That's what I have, and I do love my emerald cut.

~LC

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I actually wrote out and put pictures of what I would do to alter the design in this thread for LGK's diamond. I'd change the undergallery and the shank and the pave style and put a bezel around the center. And make it in two tone Rose gold and Platinum. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reset-ideas-for-my-3-5-ct-oec.154356/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reset-ideas-for-my-3-5-ct-oec.154356/[/URL]

But as a stepcut owner myself. No, that's not what I'd chose for you.

THIS is what I'd chose, hands down. mcteigue and mcclelland Flora for emerald cut.

http://www.mc2jewels.com/gallery/Rings?page=6

1152_G_sized.jpg

1152b_sized.jpg

1152c_sized.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gypsy! I've already fallen in love with the McTiegue and McClelland ring; however, did you know it costs $8500? Yowza! It's such a lovely design.

Thanks for the design tips.

~LC

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. They are expensive. But I gotta say, that particular setting is worth EVERY PENNY.

You can also try to see if anyone will do something similar (inspired by). But... if you can swing the original... :love:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is STUNNING! I have a slightly similar yellow gold setting for a pearl ring I have, but holy moses that is incredible!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here's another take on a similar design from Tiffany's. I like this band. See how there's just plain wired metal between the diamonds? That's kind of the look I'd be going for.

I've been throwing around the idea of upgrading/changing my center stone to a round brilliant. I love the step cuts, but oftentimes, I find myself wishing for more sparkle. What I really want is one of each!

TiffsVineRing.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried that one on. It was a little underwelming in person. Have you seen the serendipidy setting from BGD?

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1293600240|2808651 said:
I've tried that one on. It was a little underwelming in person. Have you seen the serendipidy setting from BGD?

Really? bummer. I'm off to check out Serendipity...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I really like the ering setting, not so much the band though...

Gypsy that EC setting is gorgeous :love: i clicked straight on the link thinking 'i must have this' - then i saw the post re the price :bigsmile: bit much for me im afraid but maybe one day - i bet it would also be a great setting for a CS....

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I looked at the serendipity, and I like the concept. It's just a bit too much for me, though. That's what I like about the Adonis Rose -- that it's less fussy. Although, I'm sure the serendipity could be tweaked a bit more to my liking.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would really like it if the marquis were set with colored stones for contrast.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
librarychickie|1293639085|2808892 said:
I looked at the serendipity, and I like the concept. It's just a bit too much for me, though. That's what I like about the Adonis Rose -- that it's less fussy. Although, I'm sure the serendipity could be tweaked a bit more to my liking.

The Serendipity is LARGE and IN CHARGE. But I thought it might help you to see another setting with those bezeled marquise and no pave. I love the organic settings with the leaves ( marquise) and the fluidity... but I find they clash with the geometric precision of my step cut. That was part of the reason it took me 4 years to reset my diamond. I wanted organic and something like your Adonis, but when I put an asscher in the settings like that I didn't care for the clash.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1293668364|2809379 said:
librarychickie|1293639085|2808892 said:

The Serendipity is LARGE and IN CHARGE. But I thought it might help you to see another setting with those bezeled marquise and no pave. I love the organic settings with the leaves ( marquise) and the fluidity... but I find they clash with the geometric precision of my step cut. That was part of the reason it took me 4 years to reset my diamond. I wanted organic and something like your Adonis, but when I put an asscher in the settings like that I didn't care for the clash.

I get ya' Gypsy. I appreciate your help and interest. Keep 'em coming if you find more.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. SO... I found something that you might like.

Now, you have to put your imagination cap on. But I think this would be a STUNNING concept for a setting for you.

Now the execution in these pics is... questionable (looks like the ring has been through the garbage disposal). Imagine it with smooth bezels around the stones and an EC center raised above the sidestones and I think your ring would stop traffic.

Enlarge the pics and really take a look at the design (not the execution and that warped milgrain)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-PLATINUM-D-1-45-/180604371902?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item2a0cdc03be

One north south marquise on each side followed by a trilogy of round melee that taper to the shank. You can do anything you want to the gallery and the shank (although I like the step up to the center stone). No milgrain, just elegant bezels and a prong set center stone.

Whatcha think?

Gorgeous sidestones.jpg

Gorgeous sidestones1.jpg

Gorgeous sidestones31.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two more.

Gorgeous sidestones41.jpg

Gorgeous sidestones2.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1293644568|2808969 said:
I think I would really like it if the marquis were set with colored stones for contrast.

I especially like this idea. I also prefer it without the busy band - I think just a plain band would look great with it.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1293876395|2811540 said:
Okay. SO... I found something that you might like.

Now, you have to put your imagination cap on. But I think this would be a STUNNING concept for a setting for you.

Now the execution in these pics is... questionable (looks like the ring has been through the garbage disposal). Imagine it with smooth bezels around the stones and an EC center raised above the sidestones and I think your ring would stop traffic.

Enlarge the pics and really take a look at the design (not the execution and that warped milgrain)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-PLATINUM-D-1-45-/180604371902?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item2a0cdc03be

One north south marquise on each side followed by a trilogy of round melee that taper to the shank. You can do anything you want to the gallery and the shank (although I like the step up to the center stone). No milgrain, just elegant bezels and a prong set center stone.

Whatcha think?

I think I see where you're going with this one. Definitely no milgrain. Hmmm....

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
bigdiamondtinygal|1293901287|2811638 said:
I like many of the elements in the DeBeers setting but I wonder how timeless a design like that is...and if in a 5 years you might be wanting something more classic??

Would you like something like this??

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-gog-omc-my-josette.125512/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-gog-omc-my-josette.125512/[/URL]

Oh yes! I've had my eye on this design, too!

I'm also afraid that if it's too frilly, it might not be timeless; however, that's why I'm looking for way to "sleeken" the design up a bit.

I've even thought about using a simple solitaire and just having the wedding band with the leaves. Then, I'd have the option to frill or not to frill whenever I want.

~LC

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Okay. I had to visit the ring again this past weekend. After staring at the images on the computer, I had myself convinced that it was too busy with too much going on; however, when I saw it in person again, I realized how truly delicate it is. I still really, really like it.

Now, could someone with some good photoshop skills help me out a bit? Can you place this yellow diamond in place of the round stone? I'm trying to get a visualization...

Thanks for the help!

~LC

Adonis Rose.jpg

Yellow Bezeled Cushion.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really think that setting is calling for a round stone. The stone is like the flower of that setting and I just can't see any other shape unless it was a square cushion with very round corners. I can imagine that it is very pretty in person! (Sorry I can't help with PhotoShop!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results