shape
carat
color
clarity

Dealers...who has this, can get it, or knows about it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
I have searched high and low for more information on these square cut diamonds with hearts and arrows (hearts and cupids). Hope International Inc., has a sales office in New York so a dealer should be able to find something out. Here is a link along with some of the information that I found. I really like the rounded corners on these stones.
Terri

http://www.diamonds.net/news/newsitem.asp?num=9417
Kanenori Kagawa of Hope International said, “We are probably the biggest manufacturer of Hearts and Arrows.” Because precisely manufactured stones always exhibit the Hearts and Arrows pattern of reflected facets, such stones were once commonly called Hearts and Arrows in the Japanese trade. But when the company that discovered the effect named itself Heart and Arrow Co., Ltd., the trade was no longer free to use the name. The Central Gem Laboratory, a leading Japanese grading laboratory, named the pattern Hearts and Cupids instead. “If stones do not show Hearts and Arrows, we will return them to the factory and repolish them until they do,” said Kagawa. Today the company has 300 cutters in India and “hopes to double” its production within a year. “China will probably grow to be a huge market,” said Kagawa , who recently opened a Hope sales office in Hong Kong, in addition to his Antwerp and New York offices. “But China aside, we would be happy to cater to the greater Asian communities throughout Southeast Asia.”

In Hope’s New York sales office, stones are sold with AGS certificates. “Our stones get AGS 0 without fail,” said Nick Ishii, executive director in charge of the New York office. “I wish AGS would
provide pictures of the stones on the certificates as Japanese labs do. The pictures clearly show Hearts and Arrows images, which would be a great advantage for retailers to show to their customers.” The company’s biggest problem, said Ishii, is “not having enough goods, particularly in larger sizes.”

Like other manufacturers, Japanese diamond cutters find that securing rough is their toughest problem. Hope International has three rough buyers stationed in Antwerp. “Whenever we hear rough is available, we fly there, be it Africa or Siberia or Canada,” said Kagawa. “I flew to Konakri, Guinea, myself,” said Ueda of Gem International, “but Antwerp is the best place for me to buy.”

hope.jpg

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
No, this is not the Jubilee. Notice these corners are rounded. The Jubilee is cut by someone different and it has cut corners.
Terri

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rose by any other name.... is it ?

RegentAtGOG.JPG

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
I may be wrong but I don't think that is the same either? Do any dealers out there have any information at all?

Terri

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Doesn't anyone know anything about these? I am going to go crazy trying to find out. LOL
Terri

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That's truly amazing. It really does seem similar to the Jubilee. In weights under 1.5ct (prob) the difference in the corners would probably neglibile.

The arrow/cupid pattern is oriented differently though.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
bumpty bump bump

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Looks like they will be(or have been) in Japan's 2004 Jeweler's exhibit

Hope International

That is the ONLY google reference I can get for these ghosts!!!

I want to know their NY office...DAMNIT!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Since the Japanese were pioneers in ideal diamond-cutting, I'm not surprised that they also came up with a H&A square.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Terry Jo,

I noted when you posted this thread a couple of days ago I tried calling the yellow pages, google searches, etc. but to no avail. Now ... I have seen this cut before (squarish H&A with the rounded corners) but it was not from Hope Intl. and I plan on getting more info as I'll be meeting and talking with the manufacturer in Vegas this June.

Peace,

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Will you please let me know when you get more information. June is going to take forever to get here. lol
Terri

P.S. I really hope this is going to be your next best seller.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Are we almost there? Is June here yet? Now I know how my kids feel waiting for Christmas. LOL

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
I believe that the convention in Las Vegas is on the weekend of June 5-6th. If so, you got quite a bit to wait.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock

Hello everyone, its been a long time! I dropped off the diamond boards shortly after I made this post. My friend had a baby on June 27, 2004 and she passed away on July 28 2004. I have been raising Blake ever since. In August of 2004 my 13yr old daughter''s best friend passed away of cancer. After all of that a diamond was the last thing on earth I cared about. The last 20 months were very hard to say the least. I am finally coming out of my depression and Blake''s medical problems are much better so I am starting to lurk again.

Rhino, I am so glad that you were able to find this line and are now carrying it. My budget has definitely taken a huge hit though. I hope to be able to get a smaller stone soon.

With all that said, I am soooo glad to be back!!!
Terri

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - sounds like you have been through some trying times. I am sorry to hear of your losses. I hope life smoothes out for you - how wonderful that you were in a position to take and care for the baby.

You are certainly right - diamonds are not a priorty - but now that things have settled down for you I hope that you can find a piece of bling that will make you happy. There''s nothing like a little bit of sparkle to light up your heart!

Best wishes to you and your family
35.gif
!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless you Terri Jo! I don''t know what else to add, only that I admire you tremendously from your short post and I will be rooting for you to get the lovely diamond you deserve!
emrose.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Terry-Jo,

I am sorry to hear about what has happened. I am sure you've been given a measure of extra grace to handle the situations that have come your way. Your family is in our prayers. If or when you are ready to move forward I'll do everything within my means to see that you get the nicest stone your budget will allow. It's funny seeing this thread from so long ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. If you're ready, give me a call on Tuesday when I'm back in the store and we'll talk.

Godspeed,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless your heart, Terri-Jo. So many hard things! As an adoptive mother myself, I know the joy you must have in being little Blake''s mother. Take care, and I hope you will soon be able to have the added pleasure of having a new diamond! I know Jonathan will take good care of you.

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind words and support. I don''t think I was really in the position to take care of a newborn but that was just the way it all worked out. My kids are now 14, 16, and 20. Plus I work 6 days a week. It sure was a whole lot easier doing this when I was younger but I think I appreciate things more this time. God put Blake with me because I guess he new we needed eachother. I love him like he was my own and I would do anything in the world for him. I know that my life has been blessed by having Blake. I couldn''t give him HIS mother''s love but I could give him a mother''s love. I tell him about his momma Amanda all the time. We also live across the street from the cemetery where she is buried so we go there a lot.

I swear if I could get all the feelings and emotions inside of me out and written on paper I would have a #1 hit country song and then I could buy a HUGE diamond ring. LOL Thanks again, and Rhino I hope I will be able to call you soon.

Terri

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results