shape
carat
color
clarity

Deal or No Deal (3.29 Carat Round) (My First Post!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimbean

Rough_Rock
Hey Peeps!

This is my very first post. I've been with my gf since HS and it's time to walk the plank. My future mother in-law was nice enough to take me to the jeweler she deals with and looked at several stones. I'm set on getting a round or cushion. The only one that really stuck out was a 3.29 round. Below are the stats. They offered 21k for it. Not really sure if it's a good deal from this 'wholesale' dealer. It's not 100% eye clean, but you have to look very closely to see the inclusions. It's my first time looking, so I'm sure I'll be viewing hundreds of others before buying. Let me know what you think. And thanks in advance to all who help me out! Also note, my gf would probably rate size (face of diamond) at the top of her list. Not sure how to rank the other C's.

price: US 21k
cert: egl (yes, i know they are a bit softer in grading)
round brilliant
measurement: 9.59 -9.51 x 5.84 mm
weight: 3.29
depth: 61.2%
table: 59%
crown height: 14%
pavilion depth: 43%
girdle thickness: thin
polish: very good
symmetry: very good
culet: none
clarity: si2
color: f
fluorescence: none
comments: 'premium cut'

no other info on cert like angles, etc.

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi jin

It looks like a well cut diamond, be careful though with one of this size in SI2 clarity. If you have never inspected a diamond of this size before in person, it is a pretty big rock and might not be eyeclean. See if you can take it out away from the store lights to see if any inclusions jump out at you once the stone is in normal lighting.

Also make the sale final on getting an independant appraisal and that the diamond checks out to your satisfaction in all aspects -if not that you can return it, get this in writing.

Appraiser tool so you can find one in your area

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 4:49:15 PM
Author:jimbean
Hey Peeps!

This is my very first post. I've been with my gf since HS and it's time to walk the plank. My future mother in-law was nice enough to take me to the jeweler she deals with and looked at several stones. I'm set on getting a round or cushion. The only one that really stuck out was a 3.29 round. Below are the stats. They offered 21k for it. Not really sure if it's a good deal from this 'wholesale' dealer. It's not 100% eye clean, but you have to look very closely to see the inclusions. It's my first time looking, so I'm sure I'll be viewing hundreds of others before buying. Let me know what you think. And thanks in advance to all who help me out! Also note, my gf would probably rate size (face of diamond) at the top of her list. Not sure how to rank the other C's.

price: US 21k
cert: egl (yes, i know they are a bit softer in grading)
round brilliant
measurement: 9.59 -9.51 x 5.84 mm
weight: 3.29
depth: 61.2%
table: 59%
crown height: 14%
pavilion depth: 43%
girdle thickness: thin
polish: very good
symmetry: very good
culet: none
clarity: si2
color: f
fluorescence: none
comments: 'premium cut'

no other info on cert like angles, etc.

Thanks again!
be careful !! another one of those "wholesaler" to the public dealers
innocentwhistle.gif

btw; which EGL lab graded the stone? Israel?

jimbean

Rough_Rock
i think it''s probably egl israel since the dude is from there. i''m just looking for the biggest bang for my buck eye clean diamond with decent color and premium cut. i think the gf is a carat/diamond face diameter lover. so my hunt begins. i''ll let you all know how it goes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 6:18:39 PM
Author: jimbean
i think it''s probably egl israel since the dude is from there. i''m just looking for the biggest bang for my buck eye clean diamond with decent color and premium cut. i think the gf is a carat/diamond face diameter lover. so my hunt begins. i''ll let you all know how it goes.
BINGO !!

if i were you i would only look at GIA or AGS graded stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results