shape
carat
color
clarity

David Yurman ebay purchase - thoughts on authenticity please

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if this is the forum where I can post a question about Yurman, but I'll give it a try.

So i had purchased this bracelet and after the purchase was looking around and saw that this seller has had 4 different id's in the past 2 years. They state in the listing that the item is part of a store closeout. The seller has mostly positive feedback but none for Yurman pieces. A lot of his Yurman pieces are selling like hotcakes, but I still wanted to see if anyone has any feedback before I pay. I know they have 30 day money back, but still.

Assuming that the pictures are of the bracelet they actually have - what are your thoughts. Thank you!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Yurman-5mm-Pave-Diamond-Cable-Buckle-Bracelet-/370746099609?pt=US_Fine_Bracelets&hash=item5652308799

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Re: David Yurman ebay purchase - thoughts on authenticity pl

Make sure you have a petite wrist, as it mentions it's only 6" long. I think the standard is 7".

malish985

Shiny_Rock

two_little_birds|1359480468|3366511 said:
Make sure you have a petite wrist, as it mentions it's only 6" long. I think the standard is 7".

Thank you for bringing it up - hmm, i looked on Yurman's website and these are listed as 6mm, i didn't realize they come in 7.
Otherwise, any thoughts on authenticity?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi,

I have NO idea if the bracelet is authentic so I would suggest taking it to a retailer who can authenticate it for you. The seller has changed his name four times, which I would think could be a red flag IF he has had tons of negative feedback, but he doesn't. Maybe he has been trying to determine the most catchy name! lol

I hope it turns out to be authentic, because from the photo, it looks like a really cute bracelet!

Best of luck. (and you do have the 30-day back guarantee and you entered into a contract when bidding on the item, so keep that in mind!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't see that that item could be reproduced cheaply enough to make it worth faking. So I'd consider it real. Not much money lost if it wasn't, because it is a very pretty bracelet. I am not sure about the 6" measurement, though, and what exactly that was measuring.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

I would see if you could take it to a David Yurman store or authorized dealer and have them verify. My friend bought a Louis Vuitton bag off eBay. It was sold as an "authentic" LV. When it arrived it looked really good--she compared the bag to her other LV bags (which were purchased at LV stores) the packaging looked right, the lining was good, etc. But my friend was skeptical because she had never bought LV from eBay (and it was not cheap), so she wanted to verify authenticity. She took the bag to LV on Rodeo Dr and they looked at everything, and said that everything looked perfect until they came to one seam of the lining: it was not finished in the right way, but that was the *only* thing that told them that it was a knockoff. A very, very good knockoff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results