shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass: Has anyone talked to him lately?

Demerara

Rough_Rock
Has anyone been able to contact him recently?

I haven't been able to reach him after June 21th, and multiple emails, calls and a message on his answering machine haven't been returned. Now I'm worried since I don't know what happened to him. :(sad

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Same thing happened to me. This was about 2 months ago or so.... I had been working with him on a OEC, did some emails back and forth, a few calls, a few texts/videos....then suddenly he didn't reply back. After a few unanswered emails, calls and texts I was disappointed and I was really ready to purchase a stone and so I decided to take my business elsewhere. Not sure what happened. He was very pleasant and helpful when he did reply in the beginning.

Demerara

Rough_Rock
Yes, he is indeed very polite and absolutely pleasant to talk to. This is also the main reason why I wonder what could have happened? Did I offend him unknowingly? Or is the project I proposed simply not lucrative enough from the economic point of view? He could have told me, I would have been fine. :pray:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to him a little over a week ago. Probably on vacation?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed him on 7/2, and haven't heard back yet… He may just be busy or on vacation. I'm going to follow up today.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He might be on the same July siesta as the NYC diamond district.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I had him make me a stacking band in May. I think it was completed toward the end of the month. It wasn't an expensive project or anything.

I did find that he seems to communicate better before the project starts, once he gets started he must be in the zone or something.

I do love both of the bands that I have gotten from him. He does beautiful work.

Demerara

Rough_Rock
@PintoBean
What do you mean by July siesta? Is there a regular holiday for the diamond district?

My problem is that I cannot wait, since my wedding is already in August and this is the ring I need during the ceremony. I guess I didn't made it clear enough that we have a tight time table. I want a David Klass ring so bad.... :cry: :wall:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demerara|1467913148|4052649 said:
@PintoBean
What do you mean by July siesta? Is there a regular holiday for the diamond district?

My problem is that I cannot wait, since my wedding is already in August and this is the ring I need during the ceremony. I guess I didn't made it clear enough that we have a tight time table. I want a David Klass ring so bad.... :cry: :wall:
Hi Demerara - the diamond district goes on holiday for two weeks in July like clockwork from what I understand.

Have you paid money to DK? Can you show us the design so that we can recommend some backup vendors to reach out to in case DK is backlogged when the vendors are back in office on Monday?

{{{hugs}}}

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I think David has been in Bangkok. Not sure when he gets back but should be soon. and Amy went out of town for the 4th/ long holiday weekend. I believe she gets back today or tomorrow. That was the last I heard on the 1st.

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with him recently, I sent him another email more recently and haven't heard back, but I'm not worried. I'm sure it's vacation or something as suggested above.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lorrissey|1467914361|4052662 said:
I think David has been in Bangkok. Not sure when he gets back but should be soon. and Amy went out of town for the 4th/ long holiday weekend. I believe she gets back today or tomorrow. That was the last I heard on the 1st.

Ahhhh.... good info, lorrissey! Maybe I'll wait a few more days to follow up. :halo:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh...I mailed a few things to him (and it was pricey to do!) last week not realizing this. Anyone know how long they hold registered/insured mail before it gets sent back? Now I'm feeling a little stressed.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1467931392|4052773 said:
Ugh...I mailed a few things to him (and it was pricey to do!) last week not realizing this. Anyone know how long they hold registered/insured mail before it gets sent back? Now I'm feeling a little stressed.

Are you sure they where not received ? I'm sure there are people at his company that are still working. Check your tracking number

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
wildcat03 said:

I think someone else would still be there. I mailed him a stone will he was in Las Vegas last month and it was stilled received by someone. Once he returned a few days later he let me know he had my stone.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
It was sent registered mail and the tracking hasn't updated since the day it was mailed. Based on a quick search this isn't entirely unusual. It said the projected delivery date was 7/5 but obviously that's passed!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1467946822|4052860 said:
It was sent registered mail and the tracking hasn't updated since the day it was mailed. Based on a quick search this isn't entirely unusual. It said the projected delivery date was 7/5 but obviously that's passed!
Don't worry I'm sure someone is getting their mail

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1467978892|4052985 said:
wildcat03|1467946822|4052860 said:
Don't worry I'm sure someone is getting their mail
Thanks for the reassurance. I actually would bet it's still slowly making its way across the country, since registered mail is quite slow. I just wish the tracking updated AT ALL - would be a little more reassuring!

Demerara

Rough_Rock
Update:
Our favorite goldsmith is alright. I just got news from him! Pheeew! :D :appl:

@PintoBean
Thank you for the information. I didn't know that. :)
David was very courteous to me, and told me I will not pay anything until the project is complete and I approved of the pictures. :oops:

I went to a local goldsmith on friday in order to arrange a backup option for the ring. It would be a simpler design, but it would be definitely finished on time. The main problem is that I am located in Germany, and any goldsmith in the US working for me needs additional time because of delivery time and customs transit, which can take up to a week. I am not sure if David or anyone else can still do this, since we are running out of time.

@Wildcat03
Oh gosh, I hope your delivery is alright too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

@Lorrissey
Bangkok? That's cool. :) Is he doing some gem acquisition there?

@Rena7
Thanks for your reply. You gave me some hope that the ring might still be finished on time. :)

sskim3

Rough_Rock
I was worried as well. Got in contact with him on Thursday with an update with my ring. It got casted and now ready for the stone to be set. And then he needs to finalize the filigree and miligrain finishings.

I think the assessment that he was on vacation is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
My package was out for delivery today, so either he got it today or will get it on Monday :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So exciting!

I started a project with him in early June--just before the Las Vegas show. He was pretty responsive and if it had been a little time, I just emailed and he got right back to me. I emailed the week before the 4th and they thought it would be done just after the 4th, but that was pushed back to this week (stones were just set last week). Demerara, I hope it arrives soon!!

sskim, our rings must be neighbors at DK. My casting was done on June 28th and the stones were set last week. The milgraining and engraving is supposed to be done today or tomorrow. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results