shape
carat
color
clarity

D-VS2 Please evaluate I need to make a decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whistler

Rough_Rock
can someone please give me feedback if there are any flaws I should be concerned with. On HCA I think it scored a 1.8. I am worried about the pavillion and table measurements

round bril
1.24 carats
Depth = 60.3%
Table = 59.3%
Crown = 34
Pavilion = 41
Girdle = Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet = None
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Clarity = VS2
Color = D
Fluorescence = Med Blue

any feedback is welcome

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
No expert here, but here's my humble 2 cents!

I ran it through the HCA and it got 1.8/TIC, EX, VG, VG, EX. That's great! You want a score under "2".

Have you seen this stone in person? Do you love it? I only ask because... do you have your heart set on a "D" color? You're paying a premium for that, and you could go lower on the color scale and still get a very white diamond. Also, the clarity, at VS2 is awesome... but there are lots of people here with totally gorgeous, eyeclean SI's... another place to save some money. (And money saved means more money to use for a larger stone, or for the setting, or towards the honeymoon... you get the idea!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Please don't get me wrong... D/VS2 is a real winner, for sure!
love.gif
And there are folks here who LOVE their "D" color stones, and don't want to settle for "less"! I personally have a G, and if I ever upgrade, I'll definitely look even lower... I have found that I LOVE the look of slightly warmer colored diamonds... and when they are well cut, they face up VERY white and beautiful.

So...just trying to point out that there are options you may not be thinking of.

Please keep us posted!
Lynn

PS Also, do you have the diameter measurements? Is it "nice and round" (w/ nice, tight parameters)?
PPS The medium flourescence also has the potential to be VERY COOL... there are some posters here who favor flourescent stones. Only one small caveat to watch for... SOMETIMES in a colorless stone, the flourescence can make the diamond appear milky or oily when in bright sunlight. But that's rare. And it's also easy to check... just look at it! If that doesn't happen, then it's my understanding that you have nothing to worry about... and a VERY COOL ring at the nightclub!
2.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Lynn -I'd like to see the diameter too. It looks like it could be very nice. My only concern from the numbers are the slightly large table and the thickish girdle. The diameter for a 1.24ct should be just a hair under 7mm, and with extra weight in the larger table and girdle, this stone might look smaller than that.

Just something to consider. Given the HCA score, I suspect it will perform nicely. Can you get and IdealScope image for it?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get the rest of those measurements. Otherwise it sounds Stunningly beautiful.

whistler

Rough_Rock
I am worried about the table being 59. but here are those other numbers
6.92-6.95 x 4.18

I really appreciate the quick responses.. thanks!! no pics as of yet I will try

whistler

Rough_Rock
Lynn B your comments are definetly right. I feel D is over kill. but my girlfriend and I are Type-A engineer dorks and I know she would appreciate the quality. most people will only comment that the size is not that big, but she will know and thats what counts

thanks again for the feedback

whistler

Rough_Rock
are these good numbers?
6.92-6.95 x 4.18

should I worry about the table being 59

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results