shape
carat
color
clarity

D VS1 or E VVS2-H&A for same price?

aks210

Rough_Rock
Dear PSers,

After weeks of reading about diamonds and visiting the district - I have narrowed down to my final two. Which of the two you think is better - they are almost the same price give or take a few hundred bucks? You help is greatly appreciated.

final_2.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't pay for either clarity.

I would go for an F VS2. You won't be able to tell it apart from either of those with the naked eye. And you can either save the money for a nicer setting, or the wedding.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it's between these two only, I would go for the first one in the pic because the spread is better than the other by about .2mm which would be enough for me to see a nice visual difference in size. Although in reality I would do as Gypsy has suggested and then go even bigger :Up_to_something:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the two I would pick the D asithits the 7mm mark and I tend to be part of the "pay for what you can see" camp and you won't be able to see the difference in clarity and you just might be able to see the difference in color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't buy a 36 crown angle, 40.6 pavilion angle without an ASET image. Many I have seen with those measurements had leakage. But it would be my choice of these two as long as the ASET was good. I do love VS1 but I wouldn't pay for higher clarity than that because there are plenty of excellent cut D-F VS1 stones out there.

aks210

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input - appreciate it a lot!

Dear Solgen : For the 1.31 D VS1 - Star facet and Lower girdle facet length are 50% and 80% resp. whereas for the 1.22 E VVS2 they are - 50% and 75%.

Thanks, I will make sure to see the ASET before I purchase for the 1.31.

Best,
Amit

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aks210|1436723863|3901980 said:
Thank you all for your input - appreciate it a lot!

Dear Solgen : For the 1.31 D VS1 - Star facet and Lower girdle facet length are 50% and 80% resp. whereas for the 1.22 E VVS2 they are - 50% and 75%.

Thanks, I will make sure to see the ASET before I purchase for the 1.31.

Best,
Amit

I prefer 75% LGF, and DS is right. I bad assumed they were equally well performing to your eye and that there were idealscopes to back that up .... If not, then I change my mind

aks210

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input Neil. I assume they are in the same price range because the E VVS2 also has H&A - not sure if it says anything about the brilliance or fire of the stone however.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aks210|1436744146|3902073 said:
Thanks for your input Neil. I assume they are in the same price range because the E VVS2 also has H&A - not sure if it says anything about the brilliance or fire of the stone however.
Any photo of the hearts?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results