shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ring and diamond question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cici

Rough_Rock
Lot of the ladies here seem to have had their ring done at White Flash. Has anyone had it done with center stone that is purchased somewhere else? If yes, how do get the stone to White Flash or any other vendor that is not in your local area? And what's the general process with an internet vendor and custom design? How do you make sure they are make exactly what you want?

2nd question is about stud diamond earrings. When do I need to pay attention to the 4C. My personal feeling is, if diamonds are not big enough, then the lower grade would work. But if it is around say .5carat each, then I probably should get the diamond separately. By this I mean, I can just buy a pair that is alreay set. Is this reasonable, or should I start to pay attention with even lower carat weight?

3rd question, I see on White Flash site they say you can upgrade the diamond. Is this diamond only or does this include diamond stud earrings?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Someone here recently did that, if I recall correctly. Bought a diamond from one Vendor and had the ring made by WF. You'd have to chat with WF about it first. Get everything arranged. You can discuss the ring with them. What you want and they will work with you on design aspect. Then WF will give you a Return Authorization Number to send the diamond to them. WF typically has people ship diamonds/jewelry to them via Registered Insured US Postal Service Mail.

Definitely pay attention to Cut for any size of earrings. My daughter has a pair of 0.25 tcw. I just discovered that one of those teenie, tiny stones has a big hole of leakage in the center. No wonder it's not sparkly. Earrings don't get the close inspection of an e-ring so you can well afford to drop color and clarity, IF you go with well cut diamonds.

I don't know if the WF Lifetime Upgrade policy only applies to A Cut Above's and Expert Selection diamonds, or if it's any diamond you buy thru them. You'd need to ask WF about that. I don't think the size of the diamond would matter although that may not be the case with their melee. So earrings would probably be included too. I've used their upgrade policy but I traded a smaller ACA for a larger ACA.
1.gif

chantheman

Rough_Rock
If I can remember correctly, it is WhiteFlash Policy not to mount stones purchased from another vendor. This policy may have changed, but as of August 2004 this was their policy.

Whiteflash will ask you for the measurements of your stone and the head will be designed around it. This will minimize the risk that a jeweler or tradeshop will have trouble with a simple stone mounting.

Find a reputable jeweler who can mount stones, but make sure, if your ring is platinum, that the jeweler is skilled in working with platinum. I found out the hard way once that many old and experienced jewelers, are not skilled in platinum work. Even something as simple as mounting a stone can present risks with a less than skilled jeweler.

I would call WhiteFlash and ask Lesley or Denise about their policy. If I am incorrect hopefully one of the WF regulars will give the needed information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results