shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom resetting project -- not sure where to start

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
My grandmother just passed away and she left me her wedding ring and diamond earrings. The wedding ring has 21 small diamonds in 3 clusters making it appear like a three-stone engagement ring from far away, and the earrings are identical to the side clusters on the ring in size and diamond count. In all I have 35 small diamonds to work with. The middle cluster on the wedding ring has slightly larger diamonds.

I am hoping to get them reset into something for every day to wear as a RHR but I'm not really sure where to start. Especially since they aren't all of a uniform size.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would advise browsing for ring designs for inspirations, then find a few suitable vendors would take on such custom work and ask them for quotes.

It will be helpful to have pics of the ring and earrings so that you can send them to the vendors with your e-mail enquiry.

Engagement Rings Direct springs to mind as one such vendors, and I am sure fellow PSers with more experience with custom work will come along soon to offer their advice.

Enjoy your new ring in advance!

DK :))

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Here's a dark image. I appreciate the recommendation. I feel like I'm struggling with this mostly because the diamonds aren't uniform in size. If they were I think it would be easier.

_11552.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your loss. I'm afraid the cost of a project reusing all the little diamonds is going to way out-strip the value of the items. I recognize that the sentimental value is immeasurable!! Can't you wear them as is?

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
motownmama|1383590667|3550254 said:
So sorry about your loss. I'm afraid the cost of a project reusing all the little diamonds is going to way out-strip the value of the items. I recognize that the sentimental value is immeasurable!! Can't you wear them as is?

Thank you. I am not really looking to create something of value but rather something I'd actually wear to remember her by. As it is now it's not really my style and it also outshines my wedding set since the combo of diamonds is larger than my solitaire. I'd rather have something that fits my style and doesn't compete with my wedding set.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about channel setting the stones in a bangle, or scattered?

If the 3 clusters could be separated easily, how about setting all 5 clusters into a brooch, like a bouquet of flowers?

If it needs to be a ring, then I would go for something like a half paved band.

Just some ideas, based on personal preferences, as I do not know the OP's taste in jewellery.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about channel setting the stones in a bangle, or scattered?

If the 3 clusters could be separated easily, how about setting all 5 clusters into a brooch, like a bouquet of flowers?

If it needs to be a ring, then I would go for something like a half paved band.

Just some ideas, based on personal preferences, as I do not know the OP's taste in jewellery.

P.S. I would probably leave the earrings as they are and wear them regularly, and re-work just the ring.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results