shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom-made ring, When to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
I have a silly question for those who have had their jewelleries custom made. When to pay 100% up front? 50% when order and 50% when you pick the ring up?
You might say, it depends on the jewellers; but DH feels uncomfortable to pay so much $$$ before seeing the final product. What is your suggestion to us? Thanks in advance

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never paid 100% up front. In my experience it has always been a fairly small deposit up front and then perhaps another deposit when you review the wax or design.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on the person you work with. When I called around vendors had certain preferences, but no one asked me to pay the total amount upfront, and they were usually willing to work with me if I had a preference myself. I wouldn''t have been comfortable paying the full amount up front.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends with who you work with, but usuall you spend 25-50% up front and then the remainder when the ring is complete.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/6/2007 8:40:52 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think half and half is reasonable.

Me too, but a surprising amount of my clients just want to pay it up front and be done with it.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results