shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Desired larger but in a time and budget crunch. Saw the stone on Friday and was very pleased. Love the icy white color. Only reservation is the SI2 clarity. Totally eye-clean and Jon confirmed.

Thoughts on specs, ASET and DiamX???

- > Interested in hearing/reading all your assessments but especially interested in CharmyPoo's (1.0 ratio and high color cushion lover) and ChunkyCushionLover's (selective cushion spec surveyor) opinions.

Thanks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Colleen,

I think it is a gorgeous stone and I have looked at it a few times. As long as the inclusions aren't a problem, I think it will be a great buy. The feather and twining wisps worried me on the cert but I have never seen the diamond. If Jon says it is all good - I would trust him.

I was reading your other post and I must agree that icy white is very nice. I have seen the ice whites against the H and lower colors .. but I know where my preference lie. My stone is a E but based on Richard Sherwood's appraisal - it is a high E and almost a D.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
if you thought it was eye clean and loved it in person, I would get it in a heartbeat!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 3:23:34 PM
Author:Collee
Desired larger but in a time and budget crunch. Saw the stone on Friday and was very pleased. Love the icy white color. Only reservation is the SI2 clarity. Totally eye-clean and Jon confirmed.

- > Interested in hearing/reading all your assessments but especially interested in CharmyPoo''s (1.0 ratio and high color cushion lover) and ChunkyCushionLover''s (selective cushion spec surveyor) opinions.

Thanks!
Collee,

In terms of cut and color this is a dream cushion almost perfect LW ratio, D color, the entire table is red under the ASET even the 1,3,5,7 minor mains are red which is rare even for AVC cushions. Depth is right in the sweet spot so as to give decent spread with near perfect optics.

If you have seen it and it is eye clean to you, and that means in outside as well as inside lighting, under a table etc than the pricepoint is fantastic for the carat weight and color of this stone and you just got yourself an amazing cushion at a good price.

I would take a long hard look at the table especially near the culet and make sure you are happy with it take it in different lighting conditions to be sure, but if it passes that test I think you have yourself a real winner and I will anxiously look for you post pictures of it in a ring (or a video).

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SO much for the thumbs up and PS stamp of approval!

ChunkyCushionLover, I was nervous about your analysis as I know how picky you are in re: to cushions.

Have to be honest in that I didn't view under a loupe (only in holder at window and in light box). IMO, as long as it is eye-clean from a real-life viewing perspective (and of course not a durability concern), the magnified inclusion views really aren't a concern to me. Being that the Lifetime Guarantee is offered with the stone, it has obviously passed all of Jon's stringent examinations.

I/we plan on having the stone appraised prior to having it set (99% decided on the Tacori 2620) but as it stands right now, We are proud new owner(s) of an AVC.
36.gif
to me and FH and huge thanks to Jon for ALL his patience.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2010 3:23:34 PM
Author:Collee

- > Interested in hearing/reading all your assessments but especially interested in CharmyPoo''s (1.0 ratio and high color cushion lover) and ChunkyCushionLover''s (selective cushion spec surveyor) opinions.

Thanks!
Its beautiful Collee, you have a rare gem there. Jon will not put his name on a bad cushion or accept it back with an upgrade policy, the most important thing is if you love it. If so, thats the one.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Collee I just saw your new avatar and wondered when this new puppy will be on your hand? Did you go with the Tacori?

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Just saw the over 2 week old bump.

Thanks for checking in DD. Yes, we opted for the Tacori 2620. The stone was sent to Tacori 7 wks ago. FF wants the proposal to be a surprise so I have NO IDEA when the chunky monk is going to be on my finger. I am waiting very (im)patiently. Can't wait to post pics!

ETA: not sure what happened to my ASET avatar. Hmm....

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the finished product - I am sure you can''t either :)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell him to stop waiting because he is making all of PS crazy! Oh, and you too!

Do you have a link to the setting? I am not familiar with tacori numbers...

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Not a cushion but Luvmyhalo''s eternity (all diamonds).

Was hoping for a ~2ct cushion but due to time constraints, we purchased the 1.67ct. If a ~2ct, I would have selected this LM setting (1061).

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 11:05:48 PM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

Date: 3/19/2010 9:49:27 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Tell him to stop waiting because he is making all of PS crazy! Oh, and you too!

Do you have a link to the setting? I am not familiar with tacori numbers...
http://www.vimeo.com/6401615 (AVC in Tacori 2620)
Thanks CCL!

Wow, Collee! That is going to be amazing! Truly! It is going to be huge on your hand in the beat way. What size if your finger?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
grrr, the GoG website isn''t working for me, but your cushion sounds fabulous! and in that tacori?.. to die for!! congrats on finding your cushion and getting your dream ring (hopefully) soon!!

Collee

Shiny_Rock
CCL. - Thanks for linking the vid.

DD - We ordered the setting in a size 5. My former ering was a 4.5 but it was a comfort fit. I had no idea that comfort fit bands were smaller so I was surprised of the true (larger
39.gif
) size.

SBC - The pics of the stone aren't the most glamorous so don't judge too harshly.

Here's another video with an AVC.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 12:45:23 AM
Author: Collee
CCL. - Thanks for linking the vid.

DD - We ordered the setting in a size 5. My former ering was a 4.5 but it was a comfort fit. I had no idea that comfort fit bands were smaller so I was surprised of the true (larger
39.gif
) size.

SBC - The pics of the stone aren''t the most glamorous so don''t judge too harshly.

Here''s another video with an AVC.
haha.. it doesn''t matter. Your finger is the same size whatever number is attached
2.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
the GoG website is back :D and i LOVE your new cushion, Collee!! it''s going to be beautiful in that tacori, and a D-color!! so fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results