shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion micropave settings: Icestore vs Leon vs ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iwantacushion

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all the valuable information gained on this board. I really liked a Chopard micropave ring I saw in Orange County and see that it is similar to the HW micropave ring. Please give me your opinions regarding where to get the ring set that is most like HW.

I hear lots of people talk about Leon Mege, but I think the website''s pictures are not very good. I see pics and video from Icestore and it''s so much easier to get a grasp of what it looks like.

http://www.icestore.com/gallery/diamond_gallery_detail.asp?ID=215

Then I hear people rave about ERD and he can also do settings, but again, his website doesn''t really show finished pieces.

I am in California and don''t have the time (2 kids, job) to fly out to NY. I have to do this all online so I need to do this without worries.

Anyone buy a mounting from Icestore?

What would Mark charge for a similar mounting? Is it comparable?

Anyone ever see the Chopard micropave cushion ring?

Thanks for all your input.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Maytal Hannah? She''s in L.A.

Personally, my first choice would be Leon. Have you looked in the Show Me The Ring thread? There are some Leon rings in there, and they''re stunning. My second choice would be ERD because I have not heard a lot about Ice Store (though I''ve looked at and liked their designs).

loser.gif
L''s for love.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
If Leon is in the budget, you can''t do better. Micropave is a very hard thing to do well, and he is among the best. His design and workmanship are absolutely gorgeous.
ERD would be my second choice, since there are so many satisfied customers around here.

Iwantacushion

Rough_Rock
OK- so it seems Leon has the highest regards with respect to settings.

Is the Adrianna ring the HW-inspired ring?

Help me logistically- it seems that Mark T is the go-to person for cushion cut diamonds. What''s the process of buying a diamond with Mark and getting a setting at Leon.

Anyone do that option?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to some excellent pictures of the Engagement Rings Direct version of the Harry Winston micropave cushion ring.

papillon

Rough_Rock
LOVE that micropave setting! It is so beautiful!
Me and my gf just set up an appointment with Mark T next Wednesday. We are looking to purchase a cushion from him. This is going to be our first diamond purchase and we would also like to know what the process would be.

Kevin

Iwantacushion

Rough_Rock
That''s great you get to meet Mark.

Please let us know of how the process went and what settings you are looking at.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mark has worked with Leon for some time now, you can just buy your stone from him and he can get it to Leon, or if they are local for you, you can pick up you stone and take it to Leon yourself. If you meeting with Mark, I would suggest at least setting up an appt. with Leon to see some of his settings in person. He''ll show you what''s he''s got there and possibly some rings he''s working on and everyone that has had a chance to go has been blown away.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My BF bought a cushion from Mark earlier this month. It is currently with Leon. We chose the Ring Solitaire “413" setting but my BF had the opportunity to see the Adrianna and he said it was stunning.

Logistically, it was very simple for us. Once the stone was selected, Mark took the stone to Leon himself. The only thing I would caution you about is that I''ve been advised to see cushions in person before purchasing. I don''t know what your options could be if you can''t come to NYC.

My BF and I met both Mark and Leon before making our selections. I haven''t received my ring yet but would recommend both based on our experiences so far.

Good luck!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mark is just the sweetest, nicest man ever! He will work with you to find exactly what you want....He has made some great micropave halo's that have been posted around here...Use the search function to check out "Winnie's" ring, "Fatguy's" , and "Chiguy's" ring, all micropave cushion halo's with stones and settings by ERD...

If in the end you end up buying your stone through Mark and wanting Leon to set it, Mark will certainly arrange that for you-he's got a good working relationship with Leon, and its totally do-able. Best of luck- you will love working with Mark, he truly is the best- I just gave his contact info out yesterday to a woman I met at the social security office! LOL!! Her son was looking for an e-ring for his soon to be fiance, and she told me he is clueless about the whole process! This conversation all started because she saw my ring (which was Mark's creation-stone and setting) and she was going crazy over it! She wanted to know where I purchased it, so I gave her Mark's info and told her to tell her son to call him because it will be one of the best things he ever did!!!!
36.gif

Iwantacushion

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies.

There is just no way I can take off time to go to NY- I have to trust everyone''s word and go that route. So, I really appreciate everyone''s responses. This is going to be a big purchase for me (over 3 cts) so without seeing the ring, I need to make an informed decision.

I felt funny buying a stone from Mark and having it set with Leon, but if they have a working relationship, then I guess it''s ok!

liz

Rough_Rock
If you live in Southern California, then I would suggest contacting Maytal Hannah (www.maytalhannah.com), who works out of the L.A. area. Her designs are gorgeous and she comes very highly recommended here. With settings, it''s nice to be able to see them in person, regardless of the reputation of the designer. Also, Michael B. (www.michaelbjewelry.com) is in Studio City if you don''t want to go the custom route and have a little more flexibility in terms of your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results