shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion lover''''s diamond hunt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I''m a newby making my first diamond purchase (and my first time participating in a forum too!) I''ve never been very into diamonds but now that we''re looking into engagement rings, I''ve become a ROCKAHOLIC!! I always thought I would like the round brilliant cuts, but a few weekends ago, on our first diamond hunt, I saw the cushion and immediately fell in love...

So now we''re looking around for the perfect cushion... I''ve gathered many jeweler names from this forum (thanks for all the recommendations) and will use those as a starting point.

Since this is my first diamond purchase, is there anything that I should be pay special attention to when I''m shopping around? Anyone had bad experiences with a particular seller??

Thanks in advance!

19.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

The perfect cushion will be the one that you love when you see it. Since there are no fast and hard rules for cushions, like with RB you will have to see a few to decide what you like.

My search started deciding what color, clarity, shape and size I would be comfortable. I used the AGA chart for a class 1 radiant and oval, since I wanted a rectangular cushion. I soon realised it was not a realistic way to approach the search, but in my mind it was a good start.

I did a search on the PS threads and looked at a lot of cushions and wrote down the specs like table % and depth % as well as length to width ration of the stones I liked. A search of the PS database in the size range gave me an idea of what a good spread would be for a cushion of the size I wanted.

Facet pattern is also important. Even though the GIA put generic facet patterns on the reports, it gives you a good idea of what you might like.

And when you have done all this, see a few stones in person....and the one that you like most, will be the one.

PM me if you want more specific information.

Maya

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
Maya,

Thanks for all the info. I will take your advice and start making a list of what I want in the stone. You''re so knowledgable on cushions, have you already made your purchase or are you still looking around? If you''ve made your purchase already, what kind of setting did you choose? Do you have pictures of your ring that you can share with me?

Oh, one last question, when I go look at stones, do you think they will let me take pictures with a camera?

~rockaholic~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results