shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion help and opinions before I pull the trigger on this!

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
Greetings pricescope, Thanks to everybody on these forums, I have learned so much. After reading all the great things about ERD i decided to start talking to them after diamond hunting for a month or so. Chris from ERD picked this stone out for me after i told him what i was looking for. It has a 57% table with nice crown angles which allows for larger facets around the table to perform beautifully, it also has a 68.8 depth and a spread of 7.07x6.96mm x4.79.....My questions are:
1. Do you think this will have a crushed ice effect or more of a big chunky facet structure (I do not like the crushed ice look)?
2.I prefer a Length to width ratio of 1.10. should i settle for this one which is 1.02? Will a 1.10 look larger?
3. Concerned with the I color in a Halo settiing. If the halo is f and g color will it be a big color difference?
4.Will ERD provide video?

Price is $ 11,648.00

_22498.jpg

_22499.jpg

_22500.jpg

Attachments

• 2156141174__2_.pdf
    450.3 KB · Views: 32

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
Re: Cushion help and opinions before I pull the trigger on t

Attachments

• 2156141174__2_0.pdf
    450.3 KB · Views: 50

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My personal preference is for less obstruction in this style of cushion.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can they do a video for you? Youtube or something?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it is gorgeous. It is not crushed ice at all. But it is also not an antique chunky facet stone.

I do not think it has too much obstruction. What is has is patterning. And that's what you want.

I don't think a 1.10 is going to look bigger.

I think it's fine for a halo as long as it is a true I color.

I would buy it, personally.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Gypsy said it well, I think it is nice with attractive facet pattern, not crushed ice but no it does not have vintage chunky facets if that is what you are looking for, if not then this is a nice stone. L:W can be somewhat subjective, I personally much prefer this proportion. A slightly tinted white can be fine in a halo, if the stones are set well, the difference in color should not really show.

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock

thanks for all the advice and tips. you guys really helped out a bunch. Here is a video of the diamond. I am going to buy today. I just hope its pretty in person. Still nervous about buying it without actually seeing it but here goes nothing. I also attached another stone I am looking at that is .10 smaller, one color grade better and 1,000 dollars more. If you guys do not think its worth buying the 2nd stone for the color upgrade than I think I am just going to buy the first initial stone. Thoughts would be appreciated!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbj1QzIRfYQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YonFXPMJIo&feature=youtu.be

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You don't buy cushions by weight. You buy them by spread. A 1.7 carat can face up the same or larger than a 1.8 carat.

GIve us the dimensions. Anything less than .2mm is not a visual difference.

That said, I prefer the 1.7 from the videos.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I do prefer the second stone. I think it would be worth the upgrade. The first was not a bad choice per say but the second cushion has more life and better color. Weight is far less important especially considering it is a very small difference and yes face up size is what matters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results