shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion E-Ring Journey Drawing to a Close

Broken-Shard

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

I posted on here previously looking for information/advice during my search for the right cushion and I've finally settled on the diamond below.

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/this-cut-beyond-cushion-brilliant-has-been-sold.-gid-15231.html

I wanted to thank you all for the assistance along the way and especially Gypsy for the help. I met Mark of ERD in NYC and was able to see the diamond in person, absolute stunner.

I'll be having the ring hand forged at ERD as well and am looking at a halo in similar design to VC's Emilya shaped to the cushion. It's going to have curved struts and be made to accomodate a wedding band. Should I request the (full cut) melee's to be of a certain quality cut to get the best results or are melee's commonly cut fairly well? I'm looking to have the halo really blend with the main stone.

For planning purposes I'm going to wait until September-ish for having the ring made but I've more or less got the design down. Is there any advice out there regarding halos in particular to get the seamless look? Also, has anyone seen any examples of Mark's hand forged E-Rings? His CAD work seems to be very good, but I haven't seen any hand forged from ERD on pricescope.

Finally, is it considered rude to ask to have his best bench work on the ring? I want to get the best quality piece I can. Thanks!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Broken-Shard said:
I'll be having the ring hand forged at ERD as well and am looking at a halo in similar design to VC's Emilya shaped to the cushion. It's going to have curved struts and be made to accomodate a wedding band. Should I request the (full cut) melee's to be of a certain quality cut to get the best results or are melee's commonly cut fairly well? I'm looking to have the halo really blend with the main stone.

I believe he uses high quality melee so it shouldn't be a concern. Default is VS-clarity; you can upgrade to VVS-clarity, though I wouldn't personally.

Broken-Shard said:
For planning purposes I'm going to wait until September-ish for having the ring made but I've more or less got the design down. Is there any advice out there regarding halos in particular to get the seamless look? Also, has anyone seen any examples of Mark's hand forged E-Rings? His CAD work seems to be very good, but I haven't seen any hand forged from ERD on pricescope.

Hand-forged ERD ring: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-forged-platinum-ashoka-ring-erd.174832/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-forged-platinum-ashoka-ring-erd.174832/[/URL]

Honestly, I think you're in excellent hands and your ring will turn out wonderfully. I remember being in your position and wanting to get the details just right. In retrospect, the bench folks have so much experience and I had nothing to be worried about. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results