shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut e-ring - PLEASE help me decide!

lulu915

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I can't decide which cushion cut e-ring to get! and my boyfriend says I need to decide... The stone is a 3ct cushion. I initially wanted one with side baguettes. Here is the picture of the settings with a 3ct radiant (they didn't have the cushion there so i tried it on with the radiant to a feel) :

IMAG0193.jpg
then I tried the same stone with round brilliants 1ct around, and 1ct on the band and I really liked it:
IMAG0191.jpg

my concern is I feel like the one with the round brilliants the center stone is lost. It all mixes in together. then i saw a couple of pics in this forum with pave that i really liked:
cushion%206.jpg
cushion%204.jpg

Now I can't decide between these 3 looks (side stones, round brilliants on side, or pave on side). With the round brilliant look, you normally see cushion with a halo and not without the halo. Does it look odd without the halo and just the round brilliants? If I get the pave, will the stone stand out more? My concern with the baguette look is that my bf says the baguette look just like glass.

PLEASE help me decide. thanks in advance...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely not liking it with the round brilliants - I have to agree with you that it all blends together. I do like the baguettes though and I like the pave band. I think between those last two I'm leaning toward the baguettes.

Just my opinion mind you!

peonies

Rough_Rock
The baguettes are so beautiful and you don't see very many rings like that. Also, it is a look that truly suits a larger center diamond, so I would take advantage of that and get the baguettes!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first setting with the baguettes. I think the rounds in the second setting are way too big for the diamond, and they do take away from it.

That being said, my first set was a 2 ct cushion with very similar bands to the second set you posted, the RBs were just smaller, and I LOVED it. If you like that look, I think you could go with smaller RBs so they wouldn't swallow your center stone in with them.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok...I don't like the baguettes with the cushion. I prefer baguettes with an asscher or emerald. I think you could do solitaire or pave and it would look great though!

*all just my opinions

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with the baguettes and pave band. Have you tried it with a solitaire too?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I vote for a pave band. I don't like the round brilliants and I'm not a huge fan of baguettes with cushions. I love the rings in the last photo you posted.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I don't personally love baguettes, so I don't love the first one. I would really like the second look, if each of the side diamonds were like 1/2 the carat weight of those. Each diamond is just TOO big.I also like the third look. So between an altered 2cd look or the 3rd look! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the last picture you posted with a thinner shank with smaller diamonds (with 2 w-bands). I love side baguettes but moreso with emerald and asscher cuts. In addition, it is harder to match a wedding band with a side baguette e-ring. I would not do 3 sided pave because it may be a pain.

lulu915

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice. I think i'm going to get one like the third one. With 2 w-bands. But i have a question, and it may sound silly. to me, the pave in the last picture looks like metal not diamonds. why is that? The LM ring here is the same as that picture but they look more like diamonds in this pic and I like how they are small round pave:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=1268&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I'm not getting my ring from LM but should I specify the type of pave so that they look more like diamonds and not metal?

thanks

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Can you please give me information about that baguette setting? I really like it and I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results