shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut diamond, NYC and Abazias (story and pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love the images. I wish all diamonds come with a collage of pictures like this. I'm no expert here, but just by looking at the table% and depth%, it seems a bit shallow. Here is where i'm confused, the idealscope image(red) doesn't seem to show leakage. The whole stone looks pretty fire red to me. I'm not sure what to make of it...

Can we get some expert help here...?! P-l-e-a-s-e....
confused.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is a shallow stone with a large table...BUT, it is beautiful!!!! Great job...you got a HUGE 1.3!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Aren't cushions so odd? It took my fiance about 10 trips to various vendors in the Diamond district & 5th Ave to find my stone. Each one looks so different from the next. Yours looks lovely. What a cool facet pattern! Congrats!

diamondgirl777

Rough_Rock
have you purchased the stone as of yet? have you seen it in person. chances are if the specs are identical to the one you saw in ny, it is the same stone. they list them all over the place. i had the same experience looking for my cushion cut diamond with my husband. as far as your stone goes, i do know quite a bit about cushions being that my original engagement ring was a cushion and my husband and i just purchased a new one. i also used to work for a company called fred leighton here in ny which if you are familiar with them, they carry quite a few exquisite cushions and asschers etc. etc. based on the numbers alone, it does seem a bit too shallow. however, the thing about cushions is that from my experience you really cannot go on numbers alone. each cushion cut that i have ever seen has its own personality and you have to love it or for that matter your fiance has to love it. good luck!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
how did i miss this? i'm like a cushion post scavenger.
rodent.gif
(better use of the rodent? i feel like i need to use it whenever i talk about rodents or rodent-like behavior. is this appropriate? please advise.)

it is tough to tell for sure without seeing the stone in person but it looks really pretty from the pics! it may be a TAD shallow, but as long as you don't think you're losing brilliance as a result, WHOCARES! cushions are freestyle stones anyway--meaning, no guidelines, no-holds-barred, find one that looks good and grab it before the vulture next to you does! (once again, i insert the obligatory
rodent.gif
due to scavenger reference)

do you have the opportunity to see it in person just to be sure?

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, it looks so pretty. you have good taste! if you like the way the stone sparkles, then that's the one! the good spread is an added bonus.

can we see some top down pics?

reena

Ideal_Rock
appl.gif
she's going to love it.

skibum

Rough_Rock
I'm curious about this idealscope picture. If I remember correctly, and I have not done a search, there was some discussion about a year ago about the background of idealscope pictures. I think the background had to be white, so that the areas of leakage would look white as well. Here the background is dark pink, which if you translate to the inside pink areas, there is actually quite a lot of leakeage. Maybe I'm mistaken? Cut Nut?

Cheers,
David

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results