shape
carat
color
clarity

currency converter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

python55

Rough_Rock
i was wondering how i can calculate wat it will cost me to have a diamond purchased online and ahipped to canada?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I looked into this last spring. The taxes and duties are enormous. PST & GST in Ontario add 15% to the cost. There is an additional automatic 15% duty on the purchase simply because it''s a diamond. There may be additional duty imposed if the diamond you purchase is 0.5 ct in size or more. If you have it set, there are further duties as well. At least that''s what I gleaned from the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency website at the time. Are you located in the Toronto area by any chance?

UnionDiamond

Rough_Rock
Many Canadians make a trip to a FedEx office that offers hold for pickup just over the US border. There is no sales tax for interstate shipments in the USA, so the price you see will be the price you pay. It''s up to you if you want to declare the item when you go back across the border.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results