shape
carat
color
clarity

Crystal in my potential diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AgentRHE

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody... I''m seriously considering this stone right here, pending the results of the Sarin Report.

Lab: GIA
Carat weight: 0.56
Cut: Ideal
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 54%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.29x5.33x3.29 mm

But.... it looks like the inclusion is a small crystal right under the table.

Is this a problem? It won''t be visible, will it? Are crystals better/worse than pinpoints?

Thoughts?

Here''s the report:

D-Pic.jpg

TLS

Shiny_Rock
This diamond is graded as VS1, if the grading is accurate then I don't think there is any chance you will ever be able to see that inclusion.

AgentRHE

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I know that crystals that break the surface are far worse than those that don''t.... when a crytsal breaks the surface, is that on the report? Or does something like that automatically lower the clarity grade?

AgentRHE

Rough_Rock
Got the Sarin results. 33.9 Crown Angle, 40.8 Paviliion.

There were a few minor discrepencies between the GIA and Sarin reports depth/table %... but putting in both sets of number still resulted in this on the HCA:

Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread: Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.1 - Excellent
within TIC range

Sounds great to me! Any observations from anybody?

ICAA

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 1 carat RBC VS2 with a small, clear crystal under the table. I can''t see it without a 10X loupe and I even know where exactly it is.

So, as long as its not black or on the surface, you have nothing to wory about, especially since it was graded a VS1.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
If the crystal were breaking the surface, it would be plotted in green color not red, and it may or may not affect the clarity grade...just depends.

Sounds like a nice stone - minor GIA/Sarin variations can be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results