shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique my wedding ring idea for .25 carat heirloom ring

wizedw

Rough_Rock
I am fairly recently engaged. I absolutely love my engagement ring which is my fiance's grandmother's ring from the 40's. The setting is platinum with a .25 carat, colorless, VVS1 diamond with two little single cut side stones. Its honestly perfect.

I'm in the process of looking at wedding rings to go with it now. I want 2- a blingy ring because I want something pretty and a thin plain band because I do clinical work and sometimes only want to wear something simple.

I found this sapphire band and skinny platinum band from Brilliant Earth. I think they are quite pretty together and with the big solitaire that the customer service people stacked it with to give me an idea of what it will look like. However, I am worried that the .3 carat band (.19 sapphires and .11 diamonds) may be overpowering with my small ring.

Here are some pics of my engagement ring and the bands I love. I'm a size 4.5 if that matters at all!

ring_stack__1_.jpg

ring_stack__2_.jpg

_21975.jpg

img_5461.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Critique my wedding ring idea for .25 carat heirloom rin

congrats on your engagement! I love your ring and the meaning behind it. Those bands look beautiful. I'd say to go ahead and order them, as long as there is a 100% return policy (in case you don't like how they go together).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wow i love love love your ring!

I do second your concerns though. I think that particular band is too much for your subtle e ring.

There are lots of other bands out there though, i do think you could find one that more flatters your e ring

this doesnt have sapphires but i think might match your ring well
https://bridal.gabrielny.com/product/WB11750R4W44JJ

wizedw

Rough_Rock

Niel|1409860911|3744897 said:

I do second your concerns though. I think that particular band is too much for your subtle e ring.

There are lots of other bands out there though, i do think you could find one that more flatters your e ring

Thanks for your input! I am a bit attached to having sapphires in my band. I have no real reason why but my fiance and I are both drawn to them. That band you suggested is beautiful though!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wizedw|1409861254|3744904 said:

Thanks for your input! I am a bit attached to having sapphires in my band. I have no real reason why but my fiance and I are both drawn to them. That band you suggested is beautiful though!

Hmm ok. Let me think about it, im certain there are sapphire bands out there that are a bit more delicate.

Is your ring platinum too?

wizedw

Rough_Rock

Niel|1409862041|3744915 said:
wizedw|1409861254|3744904 said:

Hmm ok. Let me think about it, im certain there are sapphire bands out there that are a bit more delicate.

Is your ring platinum too?

Yup! There is more available in white gold so the platinum limits our options a bit but I do love it!

wizedw

Rough_Rock

Niel|1409862761|3744925 said:
whats your budget for the sapphire band?

so far I found this, though i might think this one might be a bit wide too.

http://www.rubylane.com/item/726095-JWL913/Art-Deco-Sapphire-Diamond-Wedding-Band

Also beautiful, but ya pretty similar to the other one. My budget is about 1750. The brilliant earth band is 1600 which is nice, comes in under budget! I also need it to be fairly low profile because my ring is set really low!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too, but I've got some other ring in mind that mimics the way the sidestones are set in your ER - It has all diamonds, but I bet it could be made alternating with sapphire. I HAVE to keep thinking.....

amaryllis

Rough_Rock

wizedw

Rough_Rock

Wow! You guys are super helpful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results