shape
carat
color
clarity

Could it be?...An Oval with no bow-tie...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m not in the market...but this looked SO juicy that I had to post it...it looks like there is NO hint of a bow-tie..which is the only reason I''ve stayed away from bow-ties. Holy carp.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/oval_2_14ct_f_vs2.htm

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oops...stayed away from ovals...lol

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
N'ah...
2.gif
It has some, but little. The cut of ovals (and marqs and pears, and cushion cuts and what not!) can definitely be tweaked to diminish it like this, and maybe more, if the proportions go a bit astride or a few extra facets are added.

There is definitely no reason to stay away from the shapes known to produce bow-tie. The effect can be minor in happy examples like this.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That's one awesome stone
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is all that's left... probably very discreet indeed in real life if even in a model like this it needs special circumstances ('lighting') to show
1.gif

BowTieNil.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I had a radiant for about one day...it was very firey...but the appearance of the bow tie outweighed that for me....so I returned it...Hey...is this related at all to what Jonathan is talking about in his post about too much contrast...If there is just too much dark...eventhough it is necessary for fire and brilliance, it's just not visually pleasing..?

penny33

Rough_Rock
Hey extremely new here.
wavey.gif
My story I have the setting, and it's up to Fiance to buy the stone. We are set on a oval-but I never heard of this, what do you mean by bow-tie? Thanks

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I concur, there looks to be a very slight bow-tie effect.

The bow tie occurs in oblong diamond cuts like ovals, rectagular radiants, marquise, etc.

B/c of the way the facets are cut to maintain symmetry, often there is a discernable area in the middle that reflects light back in the shape of a bow-tie. I'm punch drunk right now, so you can see it in the example above by Val or someone will post a more visible example soon. They are hard to avoid in these types of cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results