shape
carat
color
clarity

Cool? Ring Box w/ Full-Color LCD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nobody

Rough_Rock
Found this while searching for a custom ring box that is better than what comes from the jeweler. Is this cooler than the lighted leather box? What do you think?

http://www.euricase.com/shop/shop_topview.asp

"When opened, the Euricase has an illuminated light in front to set the mood and enhance the look of the ring. The LCD screen lights up to what ever recorded message you choose to personalize your ring box with. You can load a marriage proposal, your wedding photos, or any personalized message.''

icon_product03.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems too expensive to me.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? It''s way too kitschy for me. Too "mechanical". I dont want a ring box that talks, walks, or plays musical announcements for me. No thanks...To me it''s very sterile and unromantic. Now a lovely sterling silver or antique ring box? That''s more beautiful and romantic...at least it is to me.

nobody

Rough_Rock
Yes, I agree with all your points its too expensive and too kitschy, not to mention that the euricase logo is largely engraved, very cheesy like the boxes the local jewler gives.

I was leaning more towards the alume box from www.ringboxcompany.com but this too is on the expensive side but its really nice.

Anyone have any comments on the alume box?

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so sweet that you''re putting this much thought into the proposal. I think a fancy box may not be necessary for it to be a memorable proposal, but if you wanted to do it, I''d lean toward the alume that you linked, a more simple keepsake box for her to have. Good luck!

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you could propose without having to be there. A lot less nerve wracking.

9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I think it might be cool if it was used as a clue in some elaborate hiding-game-style-proposal, but I think a talking box with the real ring might be a little weird.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 11:02:19 AM
Author: gwendolyn
I think it might be cool if it was used as a clue in some elaborate hiding-game-style-proposal, but I think a talking box with the real ring might be a little weird.
Yea but you could have Elvin and the chipmunks sing the proposal!!
How kewl would that be???

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 1:18:14 AM
Author: surfgirl
Marian, your holiday avatar is freaking me out!
28.gif
It's starting to freak me out, too
3.gif
I have a backup and may change it before Xmas LOLOLOL.
ETA: Ah...this is the new me
17.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I think the LCD one would work if the two of you have as special song you wnat it to play or something. Put I prefer the ringbox link you sent. They are more traditional and timeless and simple and let the ring shine
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not like the LCD ring box, but I''m an old-fashioned gal so this is not my style.

I think your best bet would be to go to a little boutique shop that sells antiques or special gifts. I always see gorgeous little boxes that would be PERFECT ring boxes.

Good luck!

kennyg

Rough_Rock
This ringbox is fantastic! It would be even cooler if it came with tweezers and she had to extract the ring from the metal base without touching the sides, like in the game "Operation", or else hear a loud buzz. And in the background you could have the details of the prenup being displayed. The possibilities are endless, I love it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a lot of money for a box, considering that it would more likely than not be an empty box since the ring would be worn!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 11:44:36 AM
Author: kennyg
This ringbox is fantastic! It would be even cooler if it came with tweezers and she had to extract the ring from the metal base without touching the sides, like in the game ''Operation'', or else hear a loud buzz. And in the background you could have the details of the prenup being displayed. The possibilities are endless, I love it.

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA! That''s hilarious.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think it's kinda cool, especially if you're a big techy. There are so many things you could do, video yourself proposing (especially if you get tongue tied in real situations and you're nervous). I think it could be very sweet and endearing, but only if it's very much both your styles. It would be a real keepsake in itself, and quite the conversation piece on your coffee table, LOL!

ETA: you could put a picture of the two of you taken after you knew she was the one for you. You could really make this sentimental, and the more I think about it, the more I like it.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results