shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused about Ideal cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking on this site for Ideal cut diamond proportions and am thoroughly confused. I looked at the Old AGS Ideal cut, the Holloway Ideal, the Hearts and Arrows and the Tolkowsky Ideal. Which one should I follow? It sounds like the proportions are going to change in 2005 right? Also, for Symmetry and Polish, do both of these have to be Ideal or can they Excellent or Very Good? Is there one type of Ideal cut that is the least expensive? The most expensive?

I'm going to have a ton of questions in the future so I hope that I don't become annoying.

Okay...I am editing this post instead of starting a new topic. I am so confused on cut in general. I was trying to use the diamond search on the home page here and it asked for depth %. I don't know how to figure that...do I just add the crown and pavilion angles? Also, when I see measurements such as: 6.37x6.4.x4.03, what does each number mean, and how does that relate to percentages? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results