shape
carat
color
clarity

Complimentary sizes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stang67

Rough_Rock
I know this is kinda on the small scale but, in a 3 stone diamond ring, the center stone being a .5 ct, what size should the side stones be?
Thanks,
Eric

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Eric,
There are no set rules with three stones, main aim is a nice balanced proportion. I like the look of .25-.30ct's either side of a .50ct. Have you decided on the setting, prongs, bezel? I would suggest keeping the stones fairly close in colour and clarity grades (maximun two grades difference) always looks nicer. I find some people have preferance to the centre stone been quite prominent and other like only a slight difference. Have you looked at any combinations of three stone rings?

stang67

Rough_Rock
Mostly looking at 3 round diamonds. A lot of the places call them past present and future rings. But I am thinking about having a custom ring made with a round center flanked by heart shaped stones. I think my budget will only allow a .5 to .75 center stone so I am trying to figure out what size the heart shaped stones should be. But if I find that this endevor is too costly for my budget I will go with a classic 3 round stone ring, center slightly larger than the side stones. Like in the picture. But in yellow gold.

3g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results