shape
carat
color
clarity

Combining 2 rings into 1 stone questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gk172

Shiny_Rock
Having had great help with my 1ct ring purchase im now looking for advice on combining my engagement ring and my 1/3 princess solitaire, my ering has a ceylon saphire (possibly 1/4ct) which i plan on using the diamond from the solitaire and buying another of the same size to go the other side of the saphire and this is where i think i may have a problem.

When the solitaire was valued (august) the measurments stated were 3.8 x 3.8 which it isnt perfectly square even to the eye and using my o/h precision measuring tool i measured the stone edge to edge as 3.87 x 3.46 so i dont know what size to be looking at incase ive measured it wrong? The other option could be just to put it to a jeweler and leave it to them to match the stone which could be hit or miss as to what they would or could put in. Any thought or advice please?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first step would be to bring both rings in to the jeweller''s. Let him/her measure both the sapphire and the princess stones. Once you have the measurements, it is up to you to find your own match online or let the jeweller match it. You will also need to know the colour of the princess stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results