shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour of Centre vs. Sides

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tetrahedral Carbon

Rough_Rock
First time poster....

I am leaning towards this e-ring setting....I think it looks awesome, and it fits with her tastes

http://www.goodoldgold.com/setting/V-106/

Somewhere around a 1 ct RB for the centre stone.

I have sent GOG an email to get some info on the channel diamonds, my questions is, in platinum....how close should the centre diamond be to the side diamonds in colour. I assume to the untrained eye there is not much difference between one colour grade up or down. Ideally I would like a ''G'', but budgetwise I am starting to lean towards an ''H''.

Just looking for opinions on this particular question, or any insites anybody wants to offer in general.

Thanks All!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Although some people are more color sensitive than others, I agree and do not believe one color grade difference will be noticeable in a platinum setting.

I have a G-H SI1 diamond in a platinum setting with F-G VS2 melee, and cannot tell any difference visually or under a microscope.

Hope that helps and welcome to PS! Judging by your screen name, are you by any chance an organic chemist?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
A separation of one color grade for the side stones should not be that noticeable, if at all. However the difference in price between G and H probably won''t be that much either...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The difference will not be noticeable. When you have small melee diamonds it''s hard to tell the difference even when there is a difference by several grades to the center stone.

Tetrahedral Carbon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info....pretty much confirming my thoughts; it is still nice to get that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Love in Bloom - have taken some organic chem, but not at chemist...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results