shape
carat
color
clarity

color or clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SOCKS

Rough_Rock
Hi,

What is more important color or the clarity. I am choosing between G VS2 and H VS1. The advice will be very appreciated.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really your preference. Some can see colour and so will pick the G VS2. Others are eagle eyed and can spot inclusions from a mile away and so pick the H VS1. It all depends.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Since both VS1 and VS2 are usually eye-clean, I'd go for the better color.

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
That is a tough choice. If it were my choice I'd go with the G VS2. Two reasons:
(1) in the VS category you won't be able to see inclusions with the naked eye whether it's VS 1 or 2
(2) personally, I'm a little color sensitive so I always try to go as colorless as possible.

Ultimately though I'd go with the best cut, most sparkle. If one of those stones is more sparkly, pick that one.

Good luck, I don't think you could go wrong with either combo.
21.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ed...diamond-eye-catching-or-beautiful-t15002.html

Color isn't mentioned as a key factor/idealbb/images/smilies/eek.gif Cut is king

Assuming the cuts are identical

- VS1 will look the same as a VS2 to the eye

- can you notice the G-H color difference

- are both within your budget

IMO, If you can't notice the color difference, then put the H savings into a better cut, larger Carat or something else you want.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'd choose whichever one is better cut. If the cut is equivalent, given that both are VS stones and pretty certain to be eye-clean (you won't be able to see a difference between VS1 and VS2), I'd choose the better color.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
If this is a round diamond, all things being equal color should have priority in this pair.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
They are the same to the naked eye. You can't tell the difference.

So forget the color and clarity and go with CUT.

Put the info into the HCA or have a brilliance scope report done, or view them with an IdealScope.

GO with best performer!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
In general, if both cuts were GREAT... then personally, I'd choose clarity over color. I have a G/VS2 but I have learned that I am not particularly "color sensitive"... I find H, I, and J stones to be very beautiful - and when cut well, still very "white". But I don't want to see any inclusions with my naked eye.

Lynn

Edited to add: realizing that both VS1 and VS2 are probably VERY eye-clean, clarity really isn't that much of an issue in your particular case. You really can't go wrong with either stone -- assuming the cuts are good.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This is a very personal peference--some people have a high degree of color sensitivity while others have Superman eyes and only a VS1 or better will allow them to sleep at night.
2.gif

You need to look at a variety of diamonds and determine your parameters. For me, my criteria in order of importance are:

1. Cut
2. carat (size)
3. Color
4. Clarity (must fit common definition of "eye clean")

In my humble experience, 99.9% of the people will notice A. How "big" it is and B. the sparkle (this is result of good cut)

Good luck!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/22/2004 2:59:30 PM SOCKS wrote:

Hi,

What is more important color or the clarity. I am choosing between G VS2 and H VS1. The advice will be very appreciated.----------------

SOCKS
any of the above combo is an ex choice g-h vs1-2 ,if i had alot of $$$ i would go with a G VS-1 stone ,it would look like a D IF to me, but it must be a top ideal cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results