shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of Diamonds in Setting vs. RB Center Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

holycow

Rough_Rock
I have a question about purchasing a diamond accented setting. I am looking to purchase a white gold sidestone setting for a round brilliant diamond. I am looking at probably a H or I color diamond and i have noticed that a lot of settings on Whiteflash have F/G color accent diamonds. Will that make an H or I look worse and should i be concerned about the color difference? Thanks for your help!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it isn''t a problem for a couple reasons. First, you can''t see body color in little diamonds, all you see is the white light return -- The optics are very different in small and large diamonds. So basically the melee diamonds and your center stone will look a little different no matter what, but not because of body color, because of different optics. Also, the rule of thumb for side stones and center stones is about 2 color grades, so you are good.

FWIW I have H/I melee and F/G melee and they look the same to me.

holycow

Rough_Rock
Also i am looking at a 1 to 1.2 carat center diamond and .25 to .5 carat worth of sidestones. I am not sure what style setting it will be yet. Still browsing.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
You can request H/I colored melee if you are concerned.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 8:57:11 PM
Author: ponder
You can request H/I colored melee if you are concerned.
Not from WF to my knowledge.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you''ll notice a difference in color. My center stone is an I and my melee are F/G. I don''t notice a difference at all!

holycow

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone! Buying an engagement ring is stressful.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 7:41:37 PM
Author:holycow
I have a question about purchasing a diamond accented setting. I am looking to purchase a white gold sidestone setting for a round brilliant diamond. I am looking at probably a H or I color diamond and i have noticed that a lot of settings on Whiteflash have F/G color accent diamonds. Will that make an H or I look worse and should i be concerned about the color difference? Thanks for your help!
General advice is to keep centre and side/ accent diamonds within 2 colour grades of each other, hence H or I centre and F/G melee that WF use should be fine together.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could have a D centre and H/I melee and the melee would still look whiter, just because a larger stone flashes while melee shimmer and just look bright white all the time..

holycow

Rough_Rock
My main concern is that the sidestones will not make the center stone look worse if they have better color or clarity.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a problem for any but the most sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results