shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy diamond...clarity or color affects this??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
If a diamond is cloudy, (especially in sunlight), is this due to color and fluorescence or is it because of the color being low on the scale...is it both, maybe one more than the other...anyone out there that can answer me????
34.gif
20.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
It has been seen in a small percentage of diamonds with strong to extremely strong flourescence that a diamond may appear "milky" in direct sunlight. Hope that helps!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
What's the clarity level stated on the Cert?? Could be the diamond is very included with microscopic pinpoints.

Strong flour can also give a diamond a milky/oily appearance in direct sunlight.
1.gif

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help. Yes, my diamond has strong fluorescence. (I checked it under the blacklight). My clarity is VS2, I think. I don''t have the certificate in front of me. But this has helped...my diamond is still beautiful, and I guess that''s what matters most!!
30.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 1:35:40 PM
Author: shoemortgage1979
Thank you for your help. Yes, my diamond has strong fluorescence. (I checked it under the blacklight). My clarity is VS2, I think. I don''t have the certificate in front of me. But this has helped...my diamond is still beautiful, and I guess that''s what matters most!!
30.gif

Has your diamond always looked cloudy? My sister told me a while back that her diamond looked cloudy. She''d had it for about 5 years. I asked her what she used to clean it, and how often she cleaned it, and she was like "DUH?" She had NEVER cleaned her diamond!
6.gif
. She also never takes her diamond off. She figured it got clean when she washed dishes and showered and so forth. I guess she did have it cleaned once a year at her diamond check-up, but that was it. I suggested that she get an ultrasonic cleaner like mine, and stick her diamond in there once a week or so. She followed my advice, and ever since has had a sparkling clean diamond.
20.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like it could be the fluorescence and/or dirt on the pavilion or both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results