shape
carat
color
clarity

Classic Tiffany Setting 1-4+ Carats *First post*

SakuraFlower

Rough_Rock
Long time listener. First time caller. :appl: lol

I've been lurking (and learning!) for about a year and finally got around to making my own profile. Very excited to join you all!!

I was at Tiffany & Co. in Toronto yesterday and wanted to share my experience. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics (would that have been weird? haha) but did get the stats on a couple of prospects for anyone interested. While I love their small pieces, personally I would never purchase a big ticket item/e-ring from Tiffany or any B&M store, unless of course it was second-hand. But that's just me!
However damn it's good to try on all that bling!! I've had both good and bad experiences at Tiffany & Co. in the past. Great experience (friendly sales person & no problems trying on bigger bling for fun) yesterday and the same thing a few months ago at the 5th avenue NYC location. I had a very negative and rude salesperson once, ironically when I went in with a much wealthier brand-loving friend. :confused:

Enough blabbing...here are some stats. (In Canadian dollars. Quite low right now :(( )

#1 : 1.79ct, H, VS1 $44,000. Was also told one could go down to an "I" colour for about $40,000. I tried on a similar rock on 5th ave. that was $37,000 USD.

#2: 1.93ct, G, VS2 $53,000. Since I am very into spread (no shame!! lol) I asked her for the info and was told it was 7.9mm

#3: 3.04ct. I forgot to get her to write this one down but stats were quite high...I want to say D and maybe VVS1 or VVS2. $330,000 with a diameter of 9.4mm. Sales person mentioned that 3 ct. starts at about $250,000 and I heard that in NYC too.

Maybe I'm crazy but it honestly didn't look that huge to me. Soooo....

#4: 4ct. Again I forgot to write it down but also quite light like #3. $580,000 !! It did look significantly larger than the 3.04ct but when I asked the spread (which the sales woman didn't have in front of her, to be fair) she estimated 15mm?! Um hell no. It was big but not a chance. That sounds impossible, right?

That's all for now! xo

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those prices are absolutely CRAZY! I do have some smaller Tiffany items, but I agree, I'd never buy a diamond piece new!

Here's a perfect 1.86 H VS2 for $20K compared to their 1.79 H VS1 at $44k!!!!

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3372538.htm

or this 2.11 H VS1 for $33k versus their 1.79 for $44k!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/2-11ct-h-vs1-superior-round-hearts-and-arrows-diamond.html

I do have a Tiffany wedding band and think they have the best selection of classic bands anywhere. But those diamond ring prices are insane.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SakuraFlower|1429210489|3863066 said:
Long time listener. First time caller. :appl: lol

I've been lurking (and learning!) for about a year and finally got around to making my own profile. Very excited to join you all!!

I was at Tiffany & Co. in Toronto yesterday and wanted to share my experience. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics (would that have been weird? haha) but did get the stats on a couple of prospects for anyone interested. While I love their small pieces, personally I would never purchase a big ticket item/e-ring from Tiffany or any B&M store, unless of course it was second-hand. But that's just me!
However damn it's good to try on all that bling!! I've had both good and bad experiences at Tiffany & Co. in the past. Great experience (friendly sales person & no problems trying on bigger bling for fun) yesterday and the same thing a few months ago at the 5th avenue NYC location. I had a very negative and rude salesperson once, ironically when I went in with a much wealthier brand-loving friend. :confused:

Enough blabbing...here are some stats. (In Canadian dollars. Quite low right now :(( )

#1 : 1.79ct, H, VS1 $44,000. Was also told one could go down to an "I" colour for about $40,000. I tried on a similar rock on 5th ave. that was $37,000 USD.

#2: 1.93ct, G, VS2 $53,000. Since I am very into spread (no shame!! lol) I asked her for the info and was told it was 7.9mm

#3: 3.04ct. I forgot to get her to write this one down but stats were quite high...I want to say D and maybe VVS1 or VVS2. $330,000 with a diameter of 9.4mm. Sales person mentioned that 3 ct. starts at about $250,000 and I heard that in NYC too.

Maybe I'm crazy but it honestly didn't look that huge to me. Soooo....

#4: 4ct. Again I forgot to write it down but also quite light like #3. $580,000 !! It did look significantly larger than the 3.04ct but when I asked the spread (which the sales woman didn't have in front of her, to be fair) she estimated 15mm?! Um hell no. It was big but not a chance. That sounds impossible, right?

That's all for now! xo
IF you really REALLY want the name brand, you need the actual angles. Table and depth percentages and crown and pavilion angles. Diameter is nice and all but cut is king. Otherwise the prices could be for REAL dogs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree!
I would never buy a big ticket item there. [I like them for silver.]
Having that little stamp on the inside of the ring doubles the price and the cut often isn't as good as PSers expect from their stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results