shape
carat
color
clarity

clarity vs carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jilljimmom

Rough_Rock
Which is a wiser choice. Both stones AGS0.

E color VS1 !.03 carat $8300
E color SI1 1.29 carat $8300 ?????????????????

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Hi. My diamond is an E SI1 and it is completely eye-clean and sparkles like crazy. My few tiny inclusions are hard to see under the loupe. If I had my choice, I would pick the larger stone. My SI1 looks flawless to the naked eye. It''s whatever you feel comfortable with.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Sunni- if the SI1 youre talking about is eye clean, go for the larger diamond. Youre likely to see a visibly large difference in size comparing a 1.03 vs. a 1.29. Just a thought though, if size is a concern, why not just drop down a few color grades??? You most likely will not notice a difference between an E vs. an F, or probably even an F vs. a G. Then you can get a larger diamond without paying a premium for such a high color grade. Just my $.02, of course. Good luck!!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''d also go for the larger one given that it''s completely eyeclean and the inclusions do not break the surface.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I would always go for a good Si1 over a VS1. Get some details on the inclusions in the SI1. I wouldn''t want them to break the surface, or be readily visible without a loop. There are many eye-clean SI1 stones, which typically represent a great value. However, do some homework to make sure this is one of them. Have the vendor give you details about the type, color and location of the main inclusions, and get magnified pictures if possible.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Agree with the others. If it''s eye-clean, I''d go with the larger one. It will make a significant visual difference.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If you are considering an eye clean SI, and you don''t have mental issues with the clarity rating, then go for the size. There''s a smidge over a half mm difference in diameter. Doesn''t sound like all that much, but it is a visible difference.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hypothetically, the SI stone is a MUCH better choice, but to save some money OR get a larger stone, I'd go down in color to a G SI.
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s eyeclean, I''d go for the SI too. But, I''d rather drop to an F and then look at my choices again.

Still, I looked at 1 carat and 1.2 carat stones too before the evil jeweler showed me a 1.4 and tossed my budget out the window. Anyways, I thought the diff in size btw a 1.0 and a 1.2 is definitely noticeable to where I''d go for the bigger stone if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results