carat
color
clarity

Clarity or Colour

steve-112233

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If both are eyeclean I'd take the F,because you won't be able to tell the difference in clarity, and it's cheaper.

But unless WF has a setting you want, I personally wouldn't buy a GIA stone from WF. I'd stick to their ACA and Expert Selection line. Better upgrade policies. If you want the GIA stone-- I'd go with a cheaper vendor, unless WF has the setting you want, then I'd ask them to price match (you'd have to find the stone elsewhere cheaper first though).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, with WhiteFlash, look at their A Cut Above, Expert Selection, and Premium Select. Those are their in-house stones that have been cut for ideal light performance. They have actual pictures of the stones and idealscope images. The rest are virtual stones with no info besides the specs.

steve-112233

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input.
I did check out their in-house stones, and they will add about $1k to the price which will put it out of our range.
Also, my other half prefers GIA over AGS certification.
I know AGS may have more detailed reporting and by most people considered better than GIA, but she has her mind set on getting GIA certified diamonds only.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then go with JA and save money, unless WF has something in their settings that you really want.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha.. THAT is not a color or clarity trade off dude! Both will more than likely be stark white and eye clean.

Ditto others on looking for generic GIA stones from a vendor who specializes in such things.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The G is too deep and I do not like the angle combos. It scores a 5.0 on the HCA. And that's just a flat no for me, since you'd have to pay to have it called in. It's a steep deep (do a search to find out what that is).

The F has a feather right under the table and may not be eyeclean, and it's a 60/60 stone, which *I* like but not everyone does.

There are a reason they are both under 7k. And that's why. The G VS2 is a NO. And the F is probably not eyeclean with that feather.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

steve-112233

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1351572363|3295420 said:
There are a reason they are both under 7k. And that's why. The G VS2 is a NO. And the F is probably not eyeclean with that feather.

If I get wf to call it in and they report it to be eye clean, can I trust them?
My fiancee prefers a diamond with no fluorescence so I think http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1532861.asp will be perfect as well.
Thanks you for the help in searching for a diamond by the way. :D
This forum is awesome. We were going to Gregory and pay almost $8k for a .7ct diamond.
By the way, do you think this diamond is more likely to be eye-clean?
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1517940.asp

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results