shape
carat
color
clarity

Chunky chunky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Mark T. is brilliant (pun intended)! It''s the first stone he showed me, and obviously he was convinced it was the stone for me. He''s been holding on to it for several weeks now. I''m now thinking after much debate, it may be the one. I tried taking pictures but they are REALLY hard to photograph (these do it no justice)!!! And excuse my tubby fingers...I swear they''re not that big in real life!

Thoughts?
35.gif

Shape: Cushion Brilliant
Measurements: 7.73x6.73x4.29mm
L/W: 1.15
Carat weight: 1.66ct
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Flour: None
Table: 60%
Depth: 63.7%
Culet: Medium
Girdle: M to VThk

sparkly2.0.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh thats pretty (I actually said that out aloud when I saw the photo)
1.gif

Definitely drool worthy I think it looks like a winner :)
1.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I think she''s purdy too!

PS- For Dani, per your advice, I looked at the stone next to a 2.04ct with the same l/w ratio and could barely notice a difference! Thanks for that suggestion. My fiance thanks you...you probably just saved him a good chunk of change ... for the time being
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgisimo! *muah*
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 8:46:06 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/21/2008 8:42:39 AM
Author: Ellen
Gorgisimo! *muah*
36.gif
Iss!* kisses fingers too*
30.gif
thank goodness someone understood that
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow baby, that stone is stunning and looks huge!!! Congrats on that beauty
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Scarlet!!!!

I LOOOOVVE that stone!! If I were buying a cushion, this would be exactly what I would be looking for too. Loving those chunky facets! Its really pretty, and it you love it, then definitely go for it!!!!

I am so happy you are considering this stone....hate to say I told you so- ha ha -lol! You cant even see a difference between this size stone and a 2 ct in most of the fancy shapes....At least that was what my experience was (and I guess yours too). I am not even considering upgrading my 1.75 EC until we can afford to make the next jump to the 2.5 ct mark. Funny story- I was in a very high end B & M yesterday in my area, and I was talking to the saleswoman there (a really nice woman who seemed pretty knowledgeable). She totally agreed with me re: the upgrade size. She said my own stone looks at least 2 cts....that my next jump when I upgrade should be (minimum) to a 2.5ct. I tried on a GORGEOUS 3 stone EC with side traps with a 2.6 center EC and it was AMAZING. It looked big, but not overly big- truly the perfect size for me. It wouldnt even be worth it to me to upgrade until I can reach that size. So, we will save for awhile, and when/if the time comes, it comes, but at least if I do upgrade to that size I will really see a noticeable size difference. Same goes for you!!! Mark has an awesome upgrade policy....we can go together!!!!

I say you should get this stone if you love it!!! Its a gorgeous diamond, and its BIG!!!!! Dont be so hung up on the number "2". I was too for a long time, but now I am so over it- its really just a number. Just find a stone you love and go with it!!!!

Im soooo excited for you!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ps- Tell Mark that MH Brian and I said "hi!"

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
SCARLET!!! Is this the one you were talking about before!!! What on earth, it''s my stone''s whiter sister!!! What are you waiting for???
Seriously I think it is gorgeous! I wouldn''t be surprised at all if they came from the same cutter, the facets look the same and so does the culet!!! And it faced up like a 2ct! How can you not love that!
Tell me what you''re thinking! Are you gonna go for it?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I keep popping back to look at how beautiful that stone is :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, I just love cushions with chunky facets!!! I hope you get it, it''s GORGEOUS!!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY REALLY
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!! I would definately keep it!!! That is one beautiful cushion!!!! First thing I thought when I saw it was "WOW, I can believe she''s not sure this is "the one" it''s beautiful!"

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...I think that is a RESOUNDING yes for the stone! Thanks everyone! If that''s not an endorsement for Mark at ERD, I don''t know what is.

Ellen, I totally got the reference! I was trying to think of a clever response but I''m having a brain fart so I''ll just say grazie! Oh, and your Peep avatar makes me happy! Here''s one a friend sent me that I got a kick out of. Happy Easter!

Dani-You were TOTALLY right! He pulled out the 2 ct. and I was like WHAA??? I honestly couldn''t see a difference. I am so over the number "2." We will def. go together for our upgrades! My poor FI, he''s like seriously...you went from .82 to 1.66; what type of precedent is that...your next stone is going to be like 3.5. And I said nah, just 2.5. Once I get that stone in my grubby hands, I''m ready for us to set up that NYC get together!
36.gif

CrookedRock- Funny story, Mark and I were talking about you yesterday and he''s like isn''t she done with PS since she has that stone? I said Mark, PS is a lifestyle! This is the stone I''ve been talking about for ages! I was going to have take a look while you were there but forgot to ask you! I just needed a little PS approval but I was pretty certain as of last night that the search was over. Hmm, I didn''t even think to ask him if they were from the same cutter but I will! BTW-are you guys thinking of coming up to NY to pick up the ring from Leon? If so, we should DEFINITELY do the NYC get-together then!!!
31.gif
DYING to see that ring!!!

ultimate_peep_show.jpg

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 10:55:38 AM
Author: Sparkles22
W
30.gif
W!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY REALLY
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!! I would definately keep it!!! That is one beautiful cushion!!!! First thing I thought when I saw it was ''WOW, I can believe she''s not sure this is ''the one'' it''s beautiful!''

Sparkles-I swear I''m not crazy. I was just a little delusional the first couple times I saw it. The first two times I was hung up on size (and kinda rightfully so). The first time was after I tried on 3+ ct. and 5+ ct. stunners at Tiffany''s and was like 1.66ct is not enough and was convinced I NEEEEEDED something closer to 2ct. The second time CrookedRock''s monster of boulder was there!!! Of course, Mark being the wise man he is, knew I''d come to my senses and held it for me. Interestingly, this is the stone he FIRST emailed me about when I gave him my criteria! But now I know its the one!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
O wow Scarlet, it's amazing!!!!! I can't wait to see how this one turns out. Gotta love Mark, he's such a pleasure to work with. It reminds me a lot of my Fiancés stone. Love those chunky cushions!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Do it for all of us, Scarlet! It''s a breathtaking, beautiful stone - one which deserves to be loved and shared with your fellow chunky cushion lovers far and wide
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful honey. Really. Can''t wait to see it set and on your finger in it''s permanent home (well, permanent till the upgrade...lol).

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 11:09:30 AM
Author: scarlet16
Wow...I think that is a RESOUNDING yes for the stone! Thanks everyone! If that's not an endorsement for Mark at ERD, I don't know what is.

Ellen, I totally got the reference! I was trying to think of a clever response but I'm having a brain fart so I'll just say grazie! Oh, and your Peep avatar makes me happy! Here's one a friend sent me that I got a kick out of. Happy Easter!

Dani-You were TOTALLY right! He pulled out the 2 ct. and I was like WHAA??? I honestly couldn't see a difference. I am so over the number '2.' We will def. go together for our upgrades! My poor FI, he's like seriously...you went from .82 to 1.66; what type of precedent is that...your next stone is going to be like 3.5. And I said nah, just 2.5. Once I get that stone in my grubby hands, I'm ready for us to set up that NYC get together!
36.gif

CrookedRock- Funny story, Mark and I were talking about you yesterday and he's like isn't she done with PS since she has that stone? I said Mark, PS is a lifestyle! This is the stone I've been talking about for ages! I was going to have take a look while you were there but forgot to ask you! I just needed a little PS approval but I was pretty certain as of last night that the search was over. Hmm, I didn't even think to ask him if they were from the same cutter but I will! BTW-are you guys thinking of coming up to NY to pick up the ring from Leon? If so, we should DEFINITELY do the NYC get-together then!!!
31.gif
DYING to see that ring!!!

I cant wait to see it IRL! Its going to be a stunner for sure! How will you set it?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning, don''t let it get away!!!! How do you think you will set it? I am totally digging the chucky facets and icey color, great combination!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support everyone! Trust me, I will not let it get away.

Pauly- I was hoping you would chime in. I actually was looking for something between your stone and Boston_Jeff (ie. an H SI1 with flour) and gave Mark specs similar to the two but nothing like that was available. I''m certainly not going to complain with an E though!!

As for a setting, I think we''re just going to a simple temporary cathedral solitaire for the time being. We''re sinking a little bit more into the stone than we planned, and have a wedding to pay for in August that''s also going over-budget so after that I''ll start thinking about a permanent setting.

Plus this way I can get ideas from all of you lovely folks...any thoughts??? Some prelim ideas - I''m loving me some Leon (a la Tiger''s ring), and the setting of the infamous 4 carat Joe Escobar cushion, and I tried on a legacy wedding band at Tiffany''s that was to die for (bead set milgrain, 3mm), and I also saw the lovely Ritani Endless Love in person (my, that thing is DELICATE). Geesh- I am all over the place! The only things I do know are wedding band somewhat must be flush, no halo (maybe really really mini halo), fairly thin shank, and somewhat antique-y looking. ANY HELP is much appreciated!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results