shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Insurance Agent in NJ or or othr insurance company worth using

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SUPA IDEAL KID

Rough_Rock
Can someone suggest a good agent in NJ for Chubb? I''ve called several places and they all seem to require us to purchase additional insurance policy. (home and etc)

I''ve even tried calling Chubb directly. (The operator sucks!!!!!!!!)

I find it hard to believe Chubb is a good insurance company when it''s such a pain in da butt to purchase a policy from them.

Any other insurance company worth checking out?

Is NJM a good one?? I''ve got my auto and home insurance with NJM.

Thanks in advance.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Supa

It is apparent that the agent''s you contacted are NOT familiar with Chubb''s Jewelry policy. Many agents just don''t want to be bothered in taking the time to set up a policy that maybe earns them only $ 10.00 in commission. So many do try to "force" buying other insurance coverages, however this is NOT a Chubb requirement.

YOU DON''T have to buy other insurance from them.

Are you calling the Chubb center in NJ ?

Dave Stone here in FL can steer you in the right direction.... (800) 473-6603

Unfortunately, he isn''t licensed in NJ....but I think he can direct you to someone who will get you coverage.

Quick question... You live in NJ, but if you''re getting engaged, is your fiance in the same state? If not, then the policy should be written in the area where the ring is to be worn. Dave is licensed in about 19 states.

However, Dave is not going to be handling jewelry coverage for a short time. There is someone in his office who they are training to take over the jewelry policy setups. So for a little while his agency isn''t going to be writing this coverage until the new guy is properly trained.

But he is very friendly and professional. He is attending to much larger business, and you may have to leave a message on his voice mail, but he''ll be attentive and will give you some help. He has to be out of the office a lot of the time, but he does follow up.

Rockdoc

dastewar

Rough_Rock
Supa,

I read on this board about Jewelers Mutual. They don''t have Agreed Amount Value policy like Chubb (they have replacement value), but they are supposed to be a lot cheaper then Chubb. When I went to their site, they are killing people from New Jersey -- it was over 2% insurance value per year. I''m calling tomorrow to see what their problem is and if I can lower the price by taking a small deductible (we''ll see if they buy my "moral hazard mitigation" argument.)

I''m going to call Chubb tomorrow until I get answers, and I''m also checking out Statefarm.

Keep me up to date with whatever you find, and I''ll do the same.

SUPA IDEAL KID

Rough_Rock
Smith,

JM is more expensive than Chubb. Chubb''s agents suck. I will send you PM. Feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results