shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Proposal Help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buckeye

Rough_Rock
Have a 1 ct. Leo Princess (F-VS2) and have ordered a custom Diana Classic solitaire setting http://www.diana.com/collections.php?id_tb_collection=19&page=2 (bottom row, far right) in white gold that was supposed to be ready for Christmas. Diana Co. is now telling my jeweler that it won''t be ready in time!! Now I have to decide to go through with the whole Christmas idea with a temporary ordinary tiffany setting or wait the extra few weeks and do it with the custom setting I picked out. I''m going crazy trying to decide what to do?!?!?!? Help! Also, do you think with the Diana one I have picked out, would a regular or a wide Tiffany setting be more similar for the temp. setting?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is she expecting a christmas proposal?? i''m sure they won''t be "weeks" late with the ring. if it was supposed to be done by christmas, it''s probably going to be delayed for a few days........maybe you could have a new year''s proposal instead?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful setting. Did that company orginally tell you that it would be ready for Christmas? Are they setting stone, or do they have to actually make that setting? Personally, the first thing I would do is get on the phone with them...sometimes a little persistance can go a long way. Have you already paid for the setting and if you have, can you change your mind and cancel the order? I guess I don't have any tolerance for companies that promise that something will be done by a certain date and then change their minds. I know it happens, but I hate it. And call me picky, but I am completely turned off by companies that can't spell or use spellcheck...it's not professional. Check out how they spell "solitaire" when you open the "view ring" window of your setting...Solitire.
38.gif

If it were my setting, I would cancel the order if I could and get a beautiful SOLITAIRE setting elsewhere. There are a lot of people here that are familiar with different online vendors and their mountings and may be able to help in finding something comparable.

If you are unable to get out of it, I think a traditional tiffany mounting...the thin one would be a nice choice. I think it accents the center stone and makes it "pop." Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
1.gif

buckeye

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I have already paid for it, and I don''t really want to go through another jeweler because of 0% financing with my current one. And actually the jeweler did say it would be now the middle of January before the Diana setting would be in. Although they "guarantee" that once it comes in they''ll be able to change settings in a matter of hours, I still don''t know what to do? Present it with the temporary tiffany setting or put off the whole proposal untill the custom one arrives??? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re the only one that can really answer that question. what would be most important to her? is having "THE" ring important, or has she been waiting for a proposal for so long, that she doesn''t care if you use a cigar wrapper? just some things to think about......

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2004 12:20:15 PM
Author: buckeye
Thanks for the advice. I have already paid for it, and I don''t really want to go through another jeweler because of 0% financing with my current one. And actually the jeweler did say it would be now the middle of January before the Diana setting would be in. Although they ''guarantee'' that once it comes in they''ll be able to change settings in a matter of hours, I still don''t know what to do? Present it with the temporary tiffany setting or put off the whole proposal untill the custom one arrives??? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Like others have said only you can answer that question. Did you have your heart set on proposing during Christmas? Don''t let the setting damper your proposal. Is she the type of girl that won''t mind changing settings in a couple weeks? It sounds like the stone will be reset locally, right? Another thing to consider is that you said she is kind of expecting it at Christmas...will she be very disappointed if it doesn''t happen then? If you wait a couple of weeks until the ring is completed, you''ll have the element of surprise. It''s your call, but these are just some things to think about.

buckeye

Rough_Rock
Yes, that is the setting! I hope she likes it as much as I do. I like the way it protects the top of the stone more than a traditional tiffany setting but the sides are still open to allow maximum viewing of (what I think) is a killer stone. She has been hinting she''d say yes for some time now and I told her I was waiting for the time to be right, so I''m sure she''ll love anything, even a barbie one at this point. Probably will go with the temp. setting and have a picture of the Diana one to show her after she''s (and probably me) are done crying!

rockupied

Rough_Rock
I really like that setting, a lot! (I have an X Prong.) The split shank in your design is really cool. And I like the split prong heads, too. Do you happen to know the mm of the shank?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results