shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing From A Ring Setting To A Pendant

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
I have a diamond ring that belonged to my grandmother and the ring is old, bent and very thin. However, the diamond is still very beautiful. How difficult would it be to have the stone removed and put in a pendant setting so I could wear it as a necklace instead? Is there a chance the diamond might be damaged during the process? I do not have a pic of the actual ring at the moment because it is locked in a safe deposit box, but it looks very much like this one only the band is thinner and bent and some of the prongs are missing.

il_335.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be easy for any jeweler to do. There is always a chance the diamond could be damaged when setting or unsetting, but with a competent jeweler the risk is minimized. They can also examine your diamond to see if there is any inclusion or reason why resetting it would be more dangerous.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Attempting to repair the current ring and wear it out would be more dangerous to the diamond than having it reset into a pendant. Pendants don't take very much abuse. :naughty:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im sorry but this looks like a cluster ring to me? If it is then I think you should consider the posibility of keeping the head as is for a pendant.
Please excuse me if I am wrong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results