shape
carat
color
clarity

Changes in Store Policies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if this post belongs in Rocky Talky or Hangout but here goes.

If a store changes their policies from the time you made the purchase, should the store honor their policies at the time of purchase or should the consumer abide by the new company policies? Let''s say for example - when you purchased a diamond, there was a 14 days return policy. On day 7, the policy was changed to 7 days return policy. What happens?

I was just thinking since it is resonable for companies to change their policies with changing market or operating conditions but I just don''t know what happens to the cosumers who purchased under the original policies.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The original policy should be upheld for people who purchased with that assumption.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 5:17:19 PM
Author: neatfreak
The original policy should be upheld for people who purchased with that assumption.
This seems clear to me, too. The purchase agreement is an agreement between both seller & buyer.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am also of that opinion that the original policies should be upheld whether or not it was provided in writing. On the flip side, let's say the new policies are in the favor of the consumer, I am sure the consumer would want to fall under the new policies. So I guess in a nutshell - does this mean it is up to the vendor and consumer to figure out what policies to follow? It isn't that black and white.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Legally and ethically, the buyer ought to be grandfathered.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 5:32:28 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

I am also of that opinion that the original policies should be upheld whether or not it was provided in writing. On the flip side, let''s say the new policies are in the favor of the consumer, I am sure the consumer would want to fall under the new policies. So I guess in a nutshell - does this mean it is up to the vendor and consumer to figure out what policies to follow? It isn''t that black and white.

Usually in that situation the buyer would have the option of being grandfathered in under the old policy or utilizing the new one.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 5:35:14 PM

Date: 1/3/2009 5:32:28 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

I am also of that opinion that the original policies should be upheld whether or not it was provided in writing. On the flip side, let''s say the new policies are in the favor of the consumer, I am sure the consumer would want to fall under the new policies. So I guess in a nutshell - does this mean it is up to the vendor and consumer to figure out what policies to follow? It isn''t that black and white.

Usually in that situation the buyer would have the option of being grandfathered in under the old policy or utilizing the new one.
in many situations the original agreement in writing is binding...i always get it in writing!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have entered into a contract that includes the 14 days. They are under no obligation to offer this same deal to future customers but what they offer others in the future doesn’t alter the deal they made with YOU.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Legally they (and you) are bound by the terms in existence at the time you closed the contract.

Ask Equitable Life about it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results