shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI v OEC diamond studs: which would you prefer?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
artdecolover71|1415307930|3778780 said:
wow I1's huh. they look stunning. what color are they SB?

Ok I checked the EGL reports (sorry Gypsy don't hate me!) and they are K - 6.6mm! So a little off sorry! I have a 1.19ct GIA J and they are slightly whiter then my GIA J. I'm assuming this is because they have slight blue flur. There is more color when you look at the body color but top down they show up I would say GIA H/I. Hope that helps! They came from Adam and he did the setting as well. They were based off Burk's pair.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
They face up very white! Beautiful. (Just curious- EGL USA or intl?)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful studs, misskittycat! :love:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS! I wear them a lot. They were an excellent buy when I compared what my money would get me in terms of MRBs. Plus I love the facet pattern of OECs more!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

These are amayyyyyzing.....

between you and artdecolover... i am getting an itch for OEC studs for myself!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I think you get better value for money with OECs. At the moment. They are becoming harder and harder to find good ones, however... And so much more popular.

I get more comments on these than almost any other pair of earrings I have, other than the ones I design.

elizabethtwrs

Rough_Rock
WhoaNelly|1415148578|3777595 said:
Hello everyone: I'm coming out of lurk mode to gather your opinions on which you would choose with a $5K budget (not including setting) for diamond studs---CBIs or OECs? I'm curious to hear your views---and am leaving the question open deliberately to gather as wide a range as possible. Thanks in advance! :angel:

Hey OP, just wondering what you got in the end? I'm currently deciding between MRB, OEC or AVR studs too!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A reminder that trade members cannot post their own items per our policies.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethtwrs|1425307888|3840707 said:
Hey OP, just wondering what you got in the end? I'm currently deciding between MRB, OEC or AVR studs too!

Elizabeth, I will just tell you that I have recently been contemplating that exact same thing, although I did have superideal cut mrb's that I could trade in which had an impact on my decision to go in that direction. I asked several people including some with OEC's, and almost everyone said they'd go with well cut mrb's because they are just more brilliant on the ears. One of them said she plans to sell her OEC studs and go back to excellent cut mrb's. The obvious choice for me would have been AVR's and those would have excellent light return as well, although I would have had to have a match custom cut. But in the end it was just best for me to trade up for larger superideal cuts which, of course, are great.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Whats CBI

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results