shape
carat
color
clarity

Canadians, where do you get your diamonds? Also, anyone heard of "Canadian Diamonds Wholesale"? Exp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Here is the link to Canadian Diamonds Wholesale: http://www.canadian-diamonds-wholesale.com/
I am thinking of ordering a diamond from this site, what do you experts think?

Where have you Canadians purchased your H&A diamonds from? Are Canadian diamonds all considered H&A?

I had originally thought I was getting my diamond from a friend who''s family knew a jeweller and was told they would give me a great deal.
The diamond I looked at the other day did look pretty, but it didn''t come with a certificate and the only stats it came with were the clarity and color and weight. I then asked them to take it to someone that could give me more specs.. but was dissapointed because this is all that was given:
6.62 - 6.56 - 3.86
VVS1
G
Very Good cut
1.02 carats
And the asking price was $9500 Canadian.

I figure, that since I have decided that I want a H&A and the price isn''t that much more than something like this, that I will look for my H&A on the internet. Hopefully with pricescopers helping me along the way! The only thing that really sucks is living in Canada and paying the Excise tax
7.gif

Any insights, recommendations would be awesome!

Thanks

Detox

Rough_Rock
Hi Sapphyre,

Where in Canada are you located? I live in Toronto and purchased my diamond through USA Certed (specifically Martin Sheffield) he lives and works in Toronto. The diamond is beautiful and the price was great. I chose to have the stone shipped to Canada which meant I was responsible for 8% excise tax and 15% sales tax, but it still made the price a lot cheaper than buying here in Canada.

One option some people explore is purchasing the diamond in th US and having it shipped to a FedEx location on the US side and taking it across the border and not declaring it. I am prettyy sure this isn''t legal but it is something a lot of Canadians have considered because of the high taxes.

Give Martin a call, I know others have had great experieces. If you are on the west coast I am not sure who to recommend.

Congratulations on your new adventure.

Cheers,

Detox

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
As Detox questioned, where are you located?

I purchased my Canadian H&A''s at a B&M here in Vancouver, Britton Jewellers. I have heard of the wholesale in which you asked about but there is not much feedback on them but I do believe there is someone here on PS that did. You could do a search.
When I got my diamond form Britton, I compared it to canadian diamonds wholesale and I got the diamond at a better price (obviously comparing apples to apples) from Britton. Tony, from Britton does a lot of internet sales so he can afford to give consumers better prices. You can shop on his website or call toll free and purchase a Cdn diamond if you are not located in BC. He is very reputable.

Good Luck on your search!

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice and sharing where you both got yours! Actually I am located in Edmonton.

So is it possible to get a diamond sent to a fedex location for pickup? Is it safe to do it that way?
Also, does the excise tax apply to ALL diamonds purchased in Canada, even if its a Canadian diamond? Or is it just applied to diamonds that have been imported?

Thanks for feedback!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results