shape
carat
color
clarity

Canada! Buying Tacori on-line and shipping to Canada...HELP!

busterhogan

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

I'm new the forum, hoping that I could get some input from the experts. The ring that she has her heart set on is the Tacori 49Rd5 and Tacori band 2520.

I am looking to put a .5ct round brilliant diamond in the setting and would like to be in e-f/vvs1-vs1/excellent cut type of stone, trying to keep around max of $2250 for the stone. Though I am open to suggestions from all of you!

I did find the rings online at at Solomon Brothers, but am wondering if there are other online retailers out there that carry the same. Also, the information provided for the stones seems best at JA, GoG and WF. Which of site offers the best bang for my buck?

I am wondering what my strategy should be? Once I find the best retailer for the setting, should I get the diamond set there? Or should I purchase the setting and diamond separately and have the diamond mounted in the setting locally? What are the implications of having the stone mounted elsewhere? Does this void warranty? Is there a lot of risk in doing this?

Thanks a lot for any help! Truly appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Canada! Buying Tacori on-line and shipping to Canada...H

busterhogan|1295930354|2832239 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm new the forum, hoping that I could get some input from the experts. The ring that she has her heart set on is the Tacori 49Rd5 and Tacori band 2520.

I am looking to put a .5ct round brilliant diamond in the setting and would like to be in e-f/vvs1-vs1/excellent cut type of stone, trying to keep around max of $2250 for the stone. Though I am open to suggestions from all of you!

I did find the rings online at at Solomon Brothers, but am wondering if there are other online retailers out there that carry the same. Also, the information provided for the stones seems best at JA, GoG and WF. Which of site offers the best bang for my buck?

I am wondering what my strategy should be? Once I find the best retailer for the setting, should I get the diamond set there? Or should I purchase the setting and diamond separately and have the diamond mounted in the setting locally? What are the implications of having the stone mounted elsewhere? Does this void warranty? Is there a lot of risk in doing this?

Thanks a lot for any help! Truly appreciated!

Hi Buster and welcome!

As for which vendor to pick out of the ones listed, they all have a superb rep here so it really depends on which vendor has the stone you want. Also you could try www.highperformancediamonds.com and www.briangavindiamonds.com and www.niceice.com

If it was me, I would see which vendor could supply the Tacori setting and get them to source the stone and set it for me, that way the stone is covered should there be any loss or damage ( albeit extremely rare) and this would also protect the setting warranty if applicable.

You could of course have the stone set locally if you prefer but to me it is more straightforward to get it all done in one place.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

If solomon offers the setting you like I'd get the diamond there too and have them ship you a finished product. They have excellent prices, when they carry a stone in the virtual inventory their price is often the lowest. I can't imagine you'd run into any trouble shipping to Canada.

busterhogan

Rough_Rock

Thanks for all of the so far! How is the reputation of Soloman Brothers? I found the settings were a bit cheaper from Robbins Brothers, but see Soloman has a price match I may be able to use.

On the setting alone, by buying in the US, I would be saving about $450.
On the band I would be saving about the same, another $450.

The diamond seems to be where the big savings is going to be, or trade off between price and quality.

At my local Jeweller I was quoted....

For just the 49rd setting: $2450
Diamond: Canadian Diamond - GIA cert - round - very good cut / Vs1/ F color = $3500

Total for ring (no band) price quoted: $5600 plus tax

So obviously I can pick up a better quality diamond at a better price and save some money. The next question being is it worth it to save that amount of money and have no access to service or warranty with out having to send back and forth across the border. Can anybody share their experience with online retailers and service or warranty issues? The last thing I want is for the stone to fall out and be left with no options!

Thanks again! you guys are great!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

I met someone from the Solomon family socially recently and liked him a lot but I can't say I've purchased anything from them. I definitely would if I was in the market for something. I have only heard good things about Solomon and only bad things about Robbins. 5.6k seems like A LOT to spend on a 1/2 carat ring...hopefully the setting is very intricate to justify the price but really the diamond quote is rediculous.

busterhogan

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the help! Has anybody bought from Soloman online and can speak about their experience?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results